Community Health Impact Coalition
About the organization
The Community Health Impact Coalition (www.CHWimpact.org) is a quality initiative by some of the field’s most innovative implementers to catalyze the adoption of high-impact community health systems design.
Rigorous studies--randomized control trials--indicate that community health workers (CHWs) can reduce morbidity, reduce mortality and create a return on investment for the health system as high as 10:1.
Yet recent studies on national CHW programs--even those with strong political will and financing--found these programs did not reduce mortality. Poor system design and implementation mean CHWs are often not given the support they need to perform.
We are on a mission to make sure that doesn’t happen anywhere—not just in the countries in which each of our organizations works. We do this by: (1) identifying practices that fuel quality care delivery & (2) accompanying partners to adopt these practices.
The Deputy Director will work alongside the Executive Director across strategy, research, communications and partnerships.
• Support strategy: In collaboration with the Executive Director and Coalition members you will help refine the blueprint for catalyzing the adoption of high-impact community health systems design.
• Conduct research: In collaboration with Coalition technical experts, you will support the Coalition’s implementation on quality community health delivery quality via study design, data analysis, and/or drafting.
• Maintain strong partnerships: You will need to develop and maintain strong relationships with global norm setters, institutional funders, policy makers as well as technical and implementing partners.
• Drive principle adoption: You will work with funding institutions, norm-setting institutions, large-scale implementers, and system support actors to incorporate high-impact community health systems design as part of technical guidance, due diligence processes, and programming
• Communicate and disseminate strategy and vision externally: You will lead our external communications about impact, including in donor/partner reporting requirements, on our website/twitter, and in quarterly/annual reports.
• Represent the Community Health Impact Coalition: You will be the face of the Coalition at select conferences and partner engagements
• Budding technical chops: You have a Master’s degree with a focus in public health, epidemiology, business, or another relevant discipline.
• Relationship building/maintenance: You have the technical chops, thoughtfulness, and confidence to influence high-level stakeholders. You have 2+ years of work experience interfacing and/or partnering with senior government, philanthropic and/or NGO partners (with a strong preference for work related to health systems design).
• Communication: You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (French a plus). You are a strong communicator who can tell a compelling story, built on data. You can adapt to various media and can demonstrate this via PowerPoint presentations, twitter campaigns, academic studies, reports, policy briefs or similar.
• Project management skills: You have hands-on experience in project management, budgeting and reporting and the ability to manage multiple large projects simultaneously. You are able to break goals into manageable objectives and to work with a team to meet them.
• Initiative. You are someone who seeks out opportunity and is comfortable defining new deliverables and processes in a rapidly-changing work environment.
You are also:
•Inspired by healthcare as a human right
• A systems thinker who enjoys tackling large, complex problems
• Willing/able to travel, sometimes internationally, ~20% of the time
Contact email: [email protected]
We hope to fill this position quickly and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance.
Please submit a curriculum vitae, writing sample, and cover letter, by email to inf[email protected]
The Community Health Impact Coalition is a fiscally sponsored project of Panorama Global, a 501(c)(3) public charity. Panorama is committed to creating a diverse team and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply