Deputy Director, Community Health Systems Lab
About the organization
Integrate Health works alongside governments and the local community to implement and study an integrated approach to strengthening primary healthcare delivery in order to achieve universal health coverage. By integrating professional community health workers with improved care in public clinics, this approach creates a patient-centered health system that is accountable to the community and dramatically reduces mortality in severely resource-limited settings. We have developed a primary healthcare approach that works, leveraging community health workers and improved care in public sector clinics to deliver better health outcomes and strengthen national healthcare systems. Having demonstrated our approach in a catchment area that serves 140,000 people, we are scaling our model to cover 240,000 people by 2021 and are supporting the Government of Togo in its efforts to achieve universal health coverage. For more information on Integrate Health, please visit www.integratehealth.org.
1. Embed Implementation Science and Data Analytics into healthcare delivery.
• Work with internal teams and external stakeholders to determine key research questions to be investigated.
• Select appropriate research methodology, develop protocols, train data collectors, analyze results and publish in peer-reviewed journals.
• Analyze, clean, and manage data from systems assessments and population outcomes.
• Oversee the implementation, planning, and supervision of studies on four levels of the data pyramid (systems assessments, population outcomes, program Implementation, and quality Improvement).
• Work with program teams to ensure that program design is built upon evidence, global best-practices and findings from research studies.
2. Disseminate lessons learned to partners (community members, implementers, policy makers).
• Oversee the creation and implementation of dissemination strategy across US and Togo
• Lead (in collaboration with Chief Science Officer) global level dissemination activities through Community Health Collaborators, Peer-Reviewed Publications, and Conferences
• Publish 2-4 articles per year in a peer-reviewed journal
• Work with Monitoring, Evaluation and Quality Improvement team to ensure that key performance Indicators are accurate and adequately focused on output and outcome measures.
3. CHSL Strategy
• Partner with the Chief Science Officer and senior staff to develop and implement the strategy and vision of CHSL.
Desired Skills and Experience
• PhD in epidemiology, biostatistics or implementation science
• Experience managing research projects from protocol development through publication in low-income countries
• A track record of publishing in peer reviewed journals
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to produce high quality deliverables on or ahead of deadline
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and spoken), with demonstrated ability to earn respect of colleagues and partners from diverse backgrounds
• Minimum 5 years of experience in relevant field
• Must be committed to social justice and to the fundamental rights of the poor
• English fluency required; French fluency desired
Contact email: [email protected]
Please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The application deadline is rolling. Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Integrate Health. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job