Deputy Country Director, Programs
Last Mile Health
About the organization
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What You'll Do:
- In collaboration with colleagues, build capacity and support Liberia Ministry of Health (MOH) to implement a quality, sustained national community health worker program, including improved data-driven programming, program scaling, and sustainability.
- Support LMH Country Director and the program team to develop and sustain relationships with key technical programmatic partners, including Liberia’s Ministry of Health, implementing partners, and donors.
- Ensure Liberia-based programmatic and technical departments achieve annual performance targets, including overseeing the design and monitoring of annual work plans, departmental budgets, and key performance indicators.
- Provide leadership to increase coordination, collaboration, communication and alignment of LMH’s programming and operations.
- Lead efforts to improve outcomes-driven programmatic design based on expertise and partnership with MOH, accompanied by quality indicators and feedback loops to channel learning back into LMH implementation.
- Provide hands-on programmatic leadership, including facilitating learning, community engagement, field visits, and donor engagement.
- Build leadership capacity and actively coach department leads, ensuring that all LMH’s Program based Liberia-based employees receive guidance, support and professional development to perform in their roles.
- Guide a robust hiring and staffing strategy for critical programmatic roles.
What You’ll Bring:
- Several years of management experience in the private or public sector, with increasing levels of responsibility and leadership, including 5+ years’ experience living and working in resource-limited setting, ideally in West Africa, and willingness to learn in a culturally diverse work environment.
- Demonstrated success designing and leading health systems strengthening programs in partnership with government and according to best practice in global health and development.
- Experience with program design, monitoring and evaluation and demonstrated ability to assure all are done according to best practice and toward the end of data driven decision making and continuous improvement.
- Proven experience as a strong leader with an ability to mentor and manage a team for consistently high performance. Experience managing large teams and/or overseeing teams across multiple sites.
- Track record of consensus building and managing relationships with a range of stakeholders across sectors.
You’ll Impress Us If:
- You have advanced working knowledge of standard donor guidelines and policies
- You have worked previously in Liberia or West Africa
- You have extensive field-based programmatic experience
- You have deep experience in two or more of our programmatic areas in Liberia
Please click the link above to apply. We look forward to hearing from you.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job