Deputy Chief of Party
About the organization
World Learning is a leading international non-profit organization advancing education, systems strengthening, and inclusive development through programming around the world. We are seeking an experienced Deputy Chief of Party (DCoP) to oversee project implementation, operations, and quality reporting for the anticipated USAID-funded Civil Society Engagement program in Georgia focused on increasing the capacity of civil society entities at the local, regional, and national level to increase citizen engagement and address critical issues of importance to citizens in the country.
The DCOP will provide overall program management and operational leadership for the program while serving as the primary point of contact for the donor, local staff, and consultants on issues pertaining to operations and program finances.
Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project.
• In coordination with the Chief of Party, provide management, technical, and operational leadership for the program;
• In conjunction with USAID, the Chief of Party, and World Learning HQ, determine annual priorities, develop work plans, and ensure program responds to changing conditions and operating environments;
• Serve as the primary contact with the donor on finance, administrative, and operations issues, participating in discussions on contract issues and actions, and following up on client requests and concerns;
• Assist in the oversight and monitoring of program activities and operations, and ensure reports, work plans, visibility products and other program deliverables are timely and of high quality; Manage and monitor project budgets, financial reports, and projection of funding needs;
• Provide timely updates of all situational, security, and program developments;
• Manage and supervise team of local staff and consultants; set timelines and goals for team product development and implementation;
• Mentor program teams to produce quality work and build capacity over time;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Master’s degree in a relevant field such as public administration, international development, or business administration;
• A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in the successful implementation and operations oversight of donor-funded civil society strengthening or capacity development programming; with previous experience as a DCOP or senior management role for a donor-funded development project of similar size and scope, preferably in Georgia
• Capacity to build skills and knowledge of staff and manage programmatic and operations teams, including demonstrated experience managing and supervising financial, administrative, and procurement personnel;
• Current professional network with state and non-state actors at national and municipal levels;
• Familiarity with US Government Cost Accounting Standards, and demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, and reporting requirements;
• Excellent communication and diplomatic skills, with a professional level of verbal and written fluency in Georgian and English; Georgian Nationals preferred;
• Commitment to inclusive programming that encourages full participation of individuals regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job