Democracy and Governance Internship (Remote, US-based)
About the organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
What will you learn here?
This Democracy and Governance Intern will learn about and support program design and implementation across a range of themes and interventions in democracy and governance, primarily for USAID-funded projects. This internship can help start a successful career in development, building skillsets, expanding networks, and providing real-world experience in this challenging but rewarding work.
This internship is paid and hours are flexible, between 24-40 per week for at least three months. This position is preferably based in Arlington, Virginia or Burlington, Vermont, with consideration of remote-work from US-based locations.
What You’ll Be Doing:
* Support many aspects of DG project(s). You will be exposed to start-up and close-out, coordination with headquarters staff on logistics, procurement, budgets, and travel, recruiting and onboarding assistance for technical consultants/personnel, to name a few
* Participate in meetings with project teams and the client, which is typically USAID
* Provide research on project- or proposal-specific material as requested, as well as on procurement opportunities with other donors
* Provide editing support for project deliverables to clients and the Sector Quarterly Newsletter
* Provide DG marketing and communications support
* Maintain online portals for project implementation documentation
* Assist Sector Director or sector staff with tasks as needed
* Recently completed or in progress Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in political science, international relations, public policy, or a related field;
* At least 1 year of professional experience desired, including some work or volunteerism overseas;
* Demonstrated understanding of, academic excellence in, and desire to pursue a career in international development, governance, public policy, project management, or international relations strongly preferred;
* Knowledge of international donor development projects, preferred;
* Strong writing and editing skills
* Project management experience desired;
* Fluency in a foreign language desired;
* Experience in MS Office Suite, with an understanding of SharePoint desirable;
* Ability to legally work in the US without employer sponsorship.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online process:
*A Cover Letter expressing interest in this internship
*A current CV
*A relevant one-page writing sample
Please indicate where you saw the Tetra Tech International Development Services ad posted.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay the processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job