Database Manager and Data Analyst – Program Support Center
Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Denver
About the organization
When the school bell rings at the end of every day, thousands of kids across metro Denver pour out of classrooms and into their after school routines. For some, this means heading home where they are met by a parent who helps them with homework before driving them to basketball practice and piano lessons. For others in our community, after school options are far less certain, stable, and safe.
The Database Manager and Data Analyst supports the membership database for BGCMD and is responsible for conceptualizing and implementing evaluation studies, implementation of data analysis plans, analyzing data and reporting findings. The role also includes system development and directing system usage and maintenance. The Analyst identifies and addresses critical issues that can be supported by data management tools, processes, and systems. The Analyst reports directly to the Chief Programing Officer and is responsible for understanding the outcomes evaluation model for the organization and developing reports and analysis to measure progress and identify gaps.
Below details the Analyst’s job duties:
• Prepare for and conduct outcomes evaluation and data analysis, including documentation and presentation of analysis and modeling results.
• Significant support of grant reporting and survey implementation.
• Maintain research data and develop and maintain database files and records.
• Work in collaboration with Club Directors and Program staff in the creation and development of evaluation methods that assess and improve club experiences.
• Disseminate, collect, and summarize evaluation tools.
• Manage troubleshooting and tickets for membership database, and any additional program managed systems.
• Manage registration processes, procedures and systems; train all applicable staff on registration procedures and provide guidance to staff to continue a successful imp
The following knowledge and skills:
• Excellent skills planning and leading cross-functional projects, including proven success in project management.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Exceptional analytical, statistical, and reporting skills
• Strong communication skills including verbal and written presentation.
• Ability to work in a team environment with other departments.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize, and assist other staff with these efforts.
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; with critical emphasis on Excel. Strong preference for skills with a statistical tool such as: Python, R, SQL, SAS, and/or SPSS.
• This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s degree is preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in a related field such as business analysis, project management or information technology support.
• Experience in designing and implementing program evaluation studies
• Experience in managing data projects, including developing instruments and data quality protocols; technical assistance on data entry and analysis
• Demonstrated success with project management including outcomes evaluation and analysis.
• Experience in the development and implementation of large scale collaborations, and cross-functional teams.
• Experience working in a regional or statewide manner.
• Candidates must be able to pass a drug test, criminal background check and driving records investigation.
Contact email: [email protected]
Status: Full-time (40 hours per week – hours vary)
Hiring Range: 55,000 based on experience
Benefits: Health, dental, vision and life insurance, a generous 401(k) matching program, paid time off including holidays and birthday, paid parental leave, professional development opportunities and more.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references to [email protected] Please include the position title in the subject line of the e-mail.
This position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job