Data Visualization and Analytics Specialist – US-based remote
About the organization
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees — 27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation with your application process, contact our Global Talent Operations team.
Responsibilities are incomplete. Please visit the job description on our website for a full list of responsibilities.
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements, data sources, and objectives for data visualization and analytics projects while also understanding the data infrastructure requirements;
* Gather, clean, and analyze data from diverse sources to identify trends, patterns, and insights that drive business decision-making;
* Design and develop interactive dashboards, reports, and visualizations using industry-leading tools and technologies;
* Present complex data in clear, concise, and visually appealing formats, incorporating best practices for data visualization and user experience;
* Provide expertise in data visualization techniques, advising on best practices, standards, and emerging trends in the field;
* Provide expertise on data storage systems, data processing frameworks, and data integration pipelines to ensure efficient and reliable data flows into dashboards and other visualizations;
* Evaluate and select appropriate technologies, tools, and frameworks for data infrastructure development;
* Conduct in-depth analysis of data sets to uncover actionable insights and communicate findings to stakeholders in a clear and concise manner; and
* Collaborate with stakeholders to understand their needs, address questions, and provide support in leveraging data-driven insights to drive strategic decision-making.
* Bachelor's in Data Science, Business, Statistics, Computer Science, or a related field; Master’s preferred;
* Minimum of 3 years proven experience in data visualization, analytics, and business intelligence, preferably in an international development or social impact context;
* Proficiency in data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, or D3.js, with a strong understanding of visual design principles and best practices. Proficiency in GIS technology (i.e. ESRI ArcGIS Online) preferred but not required;
* Proven programming skills in languages such as Python, R, or SQL for data extraction, manipulation, and analysis;
* Strong analytical mindset with the ability to translate complex data into actionable insights;
* Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex information to non-technical stakeholders effectively;
* Experience in working with diverse datasets, including structured and unstructured data, and handling large datasets efficiently;
* Familiarity with international development concepts, indicators, and datasets is a plus;
* Consistently strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow-through required;
* Strong interpersonal skills, energy, and an enthusiastic collaborator;
* Experience working with remote and multicultural tech teams;
* Ability to remain poised and focused in a fast-paced environment;
* Current US work authorization is required at the time of application.
$70,000 - $90,000
To be considered, please submit the following:
* Cover Letter
Please ensure that only the requested documents noted above are submitted. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job