Data Science and Analytics Manager
About the organization
InClassToday is on a mission to improve outcomes for all students by reducing absenteeism. We partner with school districts to implement a program that uses behavioral insights to empower families with actionable information that has been proven to increase the number of days students are in school. InClassToday is a rapidly growing, well-funded education technology startup, and we’re looking for team members to help us build our culture and processes devoted to supporting our school district clients and the students and families we serve. InClassToday has been proven through six randomized control trials (RCTs) to consistently reduce rates of chronic absenteeism by 10-15%, across districts of different sizes. The program is equally effective regardless of a student’s grade level, socioeconomic status, or language spoken at home. Currently, InClassToday partners with over 25 districts reaching more than 200,000 families and preventing more than 2,000 absences each day.
Analyze student attendance data for district partners as part of InClassToday’s Absence Reports program and help our partners make data-informed decisions about their portfolio of attendance strategies. After receiving data from the district partner’s student information system, this role is responsible for cleaning the data, manipulating them to align with our data spec, analyzing them to identify students who would benefit from Absence Reports, and coding data to populate effective content on individualized Absence Reports.
You will provide program monitoring information and work with Program Managers to provide mid-year and end-of-year impact evaluation reports to each district. As we systematize our monitoring and evaluation, this role will be critical in designing impact evaluation reports that help our partners understand how we help accomplish their goals.
We will rely on you as an in-house data expert and will seek your guidance on all data-related issues. In the near-term, you will work closely with our engineering team to automate report production process. You will play a major part in shaping how data analysis fits in to InClassToday as we grow.
What we’re looking for - must have:
- Experience managing, analyzing, and manipulating large datasets
- Experience handling sensitive data securely
- Proficiency using both Stata and R
- Excellent statistical analysis skills, preferably with a focus on randomized field experiments
- Attention to detail and strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to learn new skills quickly on the job
- Ability to work with a small, diverse, and highly collaborative research team
- Strong understanding of experimental design
What we’re looking for - nice to have:
- Experience leading and managing teams, particularly with remote members
- Past experience with student level attendance data and student information systems
- Monitoring and evaluation experience
- Programming (e.g. Python, Ruby, Perl) skills
- Past experience with K-12 education and an understanding of challenges faced by the classroom teacher, principal, and district administrator
- Past experience in Education Technology
- An MA or PhD
Cover letter required.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job