Data Quality Lead, Rooted in Trust
About the organization
At Internews, we believe everyone deserves trustworthy news and information to make informed decisions about their lives and hold power to account. We train journalists and digital rights activists, tackle disinformation, and offer business expertise to help media outlets become financially sustainable. We do all of this in partnership with local communities – who are the people best placed to know what works.
We support independent media in 100 countries, from radio stations in refugee camps, to hyper-local news outlets, to individual activists and reporters. We’ve helped our partners reach millions of people with quality, local information that saves lives, improves livelihoods, and holds institutions accountable.
The Data Quality Lead (DQL) is a role sitting within the Global Technical Advisory Team. The DQL is responsible to ensure optimal practices in data collection, storage, and security at local and global levels. The DQL will work closely with the Senior Data Analyst to support a team of Information Officers and analysts in 10 focal countries to collect, understand and respond to rumor data. The DQL will be responsible for helping to train and mentor the teams in Internews Social Listening methodologies including data collection, cleaning and storage practices as well as supporting the ongoing development and implementation of data security practices.
- Degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Geographic Information Systems, Statistics, or a related field
- Five years of a relevant professional experience
- Excellent skills in data management including visualization skills
- Team-building skills and the ability to support a diverse staff in a challenging and highly fluid environment - experience with remote management highly prioritized
- Experience designing, implementing or training teams in data responsibility practices and digital risk
- Experience working in humanitarian contexts and/or working in challenging environments and having a strong understanding of how to work with local authorities, international agencies like the UN, international NGOs, and local organizations and community representatives
- Creativity and curiosity
- Strong interpersonal communication, organizational, teamwork, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Strong writing skills and proven ability to produce high-quality work under tight deadlines
To apply, please submit CV and optionally a cover letter via our Careers page.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job