About the organization
Since 1971, SER Metro-Detroit has consistently maintained a high-performance record in the skills training and placement of consumers into unsubsidized employment in the private sector and in providing employers with a diverse, qualified workforce. The means by which our mission of cultivating a qualified, skilled and adaptable workforce for metropolitan Detroit and the global economy is reflected in our name: Service, Employment, and Redevelopment. SER Metro-Detroit works to give each consumer of services the resources needed to create a life of self-sufficiency and self-fulfillment. SER program mix includes: literacy and education, job readiness skills training, occupational skills training, vocational skills training, job seeker and employer services, welfare reform programming, economic and community development, employment, and extensive youth programming. The services delivery system includes the active participation of the public and private sectors, education, and government.
1. Enters data into FileMaker and other youth services databases to ensure the accuracy of all data entered.
2. Compiles program statistics and performance data and prepare related reports.
3. Communicates with program managers and the executive management team, along with program funders regarding program status and outcomes.
4. Manages the Data Management team, consistent of 4-7 employees responsible for data entry, intake and tracking, and provides oversite to both campus locations as necessary.
5. Maintains an accurate and up to date database, generating required reports and reports on demand based on organization’s needs.
6. Audits systems and files to assure accurate and consistent data in accordance with funding guidelines.
7. Provides on-going assistance with all staff to help them use the database efficiently and accurately. This includes training of all youth services staff on required databases.
8. Works with youth services funding sources on data requirements, inclusive of WIOA, YouthBuild, AmeriCorps and private funding sources.
9. Contributes to the team effort by performing other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelors or Associates Degree preferred, or minimum of 7 years’ experience in management of information systems and/or database development.
3. Analytical ability to identify and resolve reporting errors and develop reports designed to enhance outcome reporting.
4. Interpersonal skills to facilitate effective communication with staff and partner agencies in non-technical terms.
5. Ability to sit for long periods of time at a computer terminal.
6. Mental ability to handle pressures related to meeting deadlines and performing repetitive tasks requiring concentration and attention to detail.
7. Computer skills in Microsoft Word necessary to effectively maintain a database and generate reports.
8. Valid Michigan driver’s license. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule and have reliable means of transportation to travel to various locations outside of the office.
TO VIEW FULL DESCRIPTION, RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS, PLEASE VISIT WEBSITE.
Contact email: [email protected]
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must visit website.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job