Data Consultant – South Sudan Guinea Worm Eradication Program (SSGWEP)
The Carter Center
About the organization
The Carter Center, in partnership with Emory University, is guided by a fundamental commitment to human rights and the alleviation of human suffering; it seeks to prevent and resolve conflicts, enhance freedom and democracy, and improve health.
The Carter Center is guided by five principles:
1.The Center emphasizes action and results. Based on careful research and analysis, it is prepared to take timely action on important and pressing issues.
2.The Center does not duplicate the effective efforts of others.
3.The Center addresses difficult problems and recognizes the possibilities of failure as an acceptable risk.
4.The Center is nonpartisan and acts as a neutral in dispute resolution activities.
5.The Center believes that people can improve their lives when provided with the necessary skills, knowledge, and access to resources.
The Carter Center collaborates with other organizations, public or private, in carrying out its mission.
The consultant will provide support to South Sudan GWEP (SSGWEP) related to data cleaning, verification, reporting, analyses, and use. The purpose of this consultancy is to maintain and support the continuing development of SSGWEP’s technological capacity to clean, verify, report, analyze, and use data. The consultant will receive supervision from the Country Representative (CR) National Program Coordinator (NPC) and work closely with the GWEP Data Analyst and SSGWEP’s data department.
- Support the SSGWEP data department to continue developing and refining the systems for verification and analysis of reports to meet SSGWEP’s changing needs, which include tabulating, summarizing, visualizing and analyzing using R, as well as creating maps and using electronic data where applicable.
- Train data department staff on R programming language.
- Support the SSGWEP data department in updating data collection tools (electronic and hard-copy), populating/maintaining data dictionaries, and assisting with the development and implementation of staff trainings on data collection tools.
- Make regular updates and, if necessary, actionable recommendations to the National Program Coordinator (NPC), Country Representative (CR), and The Carter Center’s (TCC) Atlanta office about SSGWEP’s data workflow.
- Facilitate internal calls and meetings of the SSGWEP data department.
Preference of experience in the field in a work capacity (i.e. Peace Corps) and have a Masters degree. However, a masters degree is not required with field and work experience.
Contact email: [email protected]
How to apply:
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to [email protected]. Subject line ought to include: Application South Sudan Data Consultant Position. All documents ought to be in Microsoft word (.doc), PDF or open-source format.
Only finalists will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply