Data and Systems Manager- High School
KIPP NYC Public Schools
About the organization
KIPP NYC Public Schools is a non-profit network of free, public charter schools that prepares students for success in college and life. In 1995 we started our first middle school, KIPP Academy, in the Bronx. Our goal was to graduate students with the strength of character and academic abilities needed to succeed in high school, college and beyond – and in so doing, to prove what is possible in for all students. Today, our New York City network is comprised of six elementary schools, six middle schools, one high school, and KIPP Through College, a comprehensive support program for our alumni. KIPP NYC Public Schools currently serves more than 6000 students and alumni and has a staff of more than 700. We are also excited to be opening a new elementary school and a new middle school in August 2019!
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Data division of the KIPP NYC College Prep High School Operations team is looking for a Data and Systems Manager to join their team immediately. The Data and Systems Manager will work closely with the Data team and Director of Operations to manage data, assessments, schedule building, and reports at the school. While in-school work experience is a plus, we are open to career-changers who come from working with large amounts of data and building both regular and ad-hoc reports.
General responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Designing and building data tools and dashboards for audiences including teachers, school leaders, the KIPP NYC regional, and the KIPP Foundation. These tools will drive internal decision-making, professional development, and insight into student and staff performance, and ensure smooth day-to-day Operations.
• Training teachers and administrative staff in the use our technology tools, from GSuite and MS Office to our online Student Information System.
• Creating, maintaining, and adjusting master and student schedules for a school of 1,200+ students and 100+ teachers—this means accounting for Advanced Placement eligibility, Special Education requirements, student preference, and teacher course recommendations.
• Improving processes to ensure consistency of information across multiple student information systems, including but not limited to PowerSchool, ATS, Salesforce, and Naviance.
KIPP NYC is looking for exceptional individuals who have a strong interest in building a school of excellence. We are seeking individuals from all backgrounds who believe in KIPP NYC's mission and who have the potential to excel as professionals and leaders within our building.
• Intermediate or higher Excel skills (PivotTables, Conditionals, VLOOKUP, formulas) are required.
• Two or more of the following are required:
1. Familiarity with writing Excel macros
2. Familiarity with Tableau and/or other data visualization software
3. Fluent in SQL
4. MS Access experience – writing queries, building forms, building report
5. Experience administering PowerSchool or another Student Information System (building reports, scheduling, training staff)
• Resourcefulness and strong problem-solving skills
• Strong organization skills and attention to detail
• Flexibility, including the ability to adjust to requirements in a dynamic work environment
• Ability to gather information to interpret and articulate the needs of staff and team members
• Zest, grit, hope, love, social intelligence, gratitude, and a sense of humor
• A passion for being part of a team-oriented, mission-driven school culture
• Experience working in a school setting is preferred, but not required
• Ability to speak and write Spanish is preferred, but not required
Contact email: [email protected]
Please submit resume
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job