USDA-Food and Nutrition Service
About the organization
The mission of the Food, Nutrition and Consumer Services (FNCS) is to increase food security and reduce hunger in partnership with cooperating organizations by providing children and low-income people with access to food, a healthy diet, and nutrition education in a manner that supports American agriculture and inspires public confidence. FNCS provides excellent opportunities for specialized training through its own facilities and outside resources. Career guidance and on- and off-the-job training programs are tailored to an individual employee's needs. If you want to apply your knowledge and skills to food program activities that seek to strengthen America, there is a challenging and rewarding career waiting for you with FNCS!
FNS is hiring Data Analysts in the Grants Management and Administrative Services (GMAS) Division of the Mid-Atlantic Regional Office (MARO)
• Coordinates requests for data collection, receipt of data, and storage of data within relevant policy guidelines with state agencies, Indian tribal organizations, regional offices and national office staff.
• Works with program staff to coordinate the type of data analysis and product needed to conduct on-site reviews; develops and documents methods for extraction and analysis of data.
• Analyzes data obtained from a variety of sources to evaluate validity and accuracy of data provided and to identify and to project trends.
• Prepares reports identifying findings and corrective actions; contributes to the preparation of correspondence to obtain corrective action plans related to any financial management findings.
• Conducts research using a variety of data sources including information from recognized and creditable non-governmental organizations, not-for-profit organizations, and reports developed by congressional committees and academic studies.
• Prepares briefings and presentations concerning relevant laws and approved amendments, policy and regulatory issues, resource needs and other organizational matters.
To qualify for the GS-12 grade level, your resume must clearly demonstrate that you have one full year of specialized experience comparable in difficulty and responsibility to at least the GS-11 level in the federal service. Examples of qualifying experience include the following types of tasks performed on a regular and recurring basis:
1) Evaluating, analyzing and/or interpreting data results by developing and/or using data analytics tools, models, methods and techniques.
2) Analyzing socio-economic, fiscal and/or demographic data obtained from a variety of sources to determine validity and trends.
3) Predicting and identifying trends assisting with on-site reviews of financial or program components in private or public sector organizations.
Contact email: [email protected]
Please submit your complete application to the contact email provided.
Your complete applications MUST include:
2. Peace Corps service/certification of noncompetitive status letter.
3. Transcript (not required but suggested as it may help you to qualify at a higher grade).
4. Email from you including one of the following statements:
I closed my Peace Corps service on (mm/dd/yyyy). Since that date was less than one year ago, I have noncompetitive eligibility.
I closed my Peace Corps service on (mm/dd/yyyy). However, I am/was enrolled in a full-time graduate program at [university name] from mm/dd/yyyy until (mm/dd/yyyy). I therefore have X months of noncompetitive eligibility left.
I closed my Peace Corps service on (mm/dd/yyyy). However, I am/was a member of the U.S. military from (mm/dd/yyyy) until (mm/dd/yyyy). I therefore have X months of noncompetitive eligibility left.
I am/was a Peace Corps civil service employee.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job