Customer Service Representative(CSR)
Social Security Administration
About the organization
For 75+ years, the Social Security Administration has served an important role in the lives of the American public. Social Security has kept millions of elderly and disabled individuals safe from poverty. With over 90% of the U.S. population covered by Social Security, new challenges require the dedication of a talented workforce that looks for opportunities to deliver service that meets the changing needs of the public. Our employees serve people from all walks of life, and assist individuals in establishing entitlement to benefits under Social Security programs. By working for the Social Security Administration, your graduates can make an important difference in the lives of so many people and their own.
The Social Security Administration offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits program that employees can customize for their individual medical and financial needs.
As the first point of contact in our offices, Customer Service Representatives are responsible for speaking with beneficiaries or inquirers in person or by telephone to provide information on Social Security laws, rules, and regulations. This includes obtaining information to determine eligibility and entitlement for programs administered by SSA, and using state-of-the-art computer technology to access and update information about claims. The position is especially suited for a flexible, service-oriented individual who enjoys the challenge of a fast-paced work environment.
• Applicants may qualify for positions based on education, work experience, or a combination of the two. To receive credit, an applicant must provide a thorough description of experience(s) on their resume. The resume should explain an applicant's experience in all or most of the following areas and include dates for each work experience listed:
1) Applying laws, regulations and written guidelines;
2) Communicating orally with members of the public;
3) Writing correspondence in response to inquiries; and
4) Experience working with computers.
• To qualify for the position based solely on education, an applicant must provide a copy of their college transcript(s). If a transcript is unavailable, a list of courses, semester/quarter hours, and grades is acceptable. This can be a current online version from the college/university. Upon selection, an official transcript will be required.
Potential Salary Range: $33,949-$42,053 Based on education, work experience, or a combination of the two.
Contact email: [email protected]
Interested volunteers should send their contact information, Description of Service(DOS), resume, degree/transcripts, and professional references directly to [email protected]:
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply