Customer Service and Sales Associate
About the organization
Whisked is a wholesale and online bakery based in Capitol Heights, MD that sells bakery-style cookies and pies to grocery stores, specialty stores, and online. Whisked! was founded in 2011 at a DC-area farmers market, and quickly became a local hit. Now Whisked cookies and pies are carried in more than 200 stores throughout the Mid-Atlantic, and are shipped across the country.
Whisked is hiring a Customer Service and Sales Associate, who will be responsible for client ordering, relationship management, and customer service for clients in DC, MD, and VA. This individual will also be the point of contact for all customer service inquiries for online orders, and all other requests that come to the company via phone, email, facebook, and other platforms.
This position requires work on the weekends. The Customer Service and Sales Associate position is M-Th on site, with approximately 8-10 hours of work on the weekends at home, taking client orders.
• Provide a positive experience and professional service to Whisked customers and constituents, including wholesale, online, and corporate clients.
• Respond promptly to telephone and email contacts and perform timely updates and adjustments to customer service inquiries and accounts
• Utilize consultative selling skills and an in-depth knowledge of Whisked products and offerings to increase sales to wholesale clients
• Contact wholesale clients on designated ordering days, to ensure that all clients place orders. Call stores that have not placed orders, to remind them of order deadlines.
• Manually create invoices for wholesale clients who do not order through our online platform
• Onboard new wholesale clients into our online ordering system. Manage catalogues and store contacts for established clients. Provide technical support to clients with online ordering.
• Respond to wholesale client requests for credit memos, refunds, or order clarifications.
• Manage the main email inbox, responding to customer service inquiries and forwarding emails to appropriate departments.
• Respond to customer inquiries for corporate orders. Coordinate corporate orders with fulfillment and production teams.
• Employ best practices and efficient use of the telephone, emails, and other organizational tools to meet established service levels.
• Handle administrative tasks, including managing office supplies, creating check deposits, checking voicemail, and other items as they arise.
1 or more years experience in customer service
1 or more years of sales experience
1 or more years data entry/order processing experience
Experience in food sales or in the food industry
Strong organizational skills, and proven ability to stay organized in a fast-paced, high-volume environment. Ability to re-prioritize tasks depending on changing demands, including holidays, as needed.
Strong communication skills, including phone, written, and face-to-face
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google office products
Creative and flexible team member
Able to work well independently
Problem solver, who can maximize their resources
Strong attention to detail
Independently organize and maintain reference information
Exercise maturity, judgment, tact, and diplomacy during interaction with customers
Have a proven track record of reliability
Possess critical thinking skills and ability to prioritize assignments
$39,000 - $42,000 plus bonus
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job