About the organization
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done. We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day. In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
The Customer Advocate role is a unique combination of a few different things but long story short, you’ll be the face of Carvana. Since Carvana’s purchase process is entirely online, meeting you to receive their newly purchased vehicle will likely be the first time a customer has met a Carvana employee face-to-face! You’ll have the freedom to go above and beyond to ensure our customers have an experience that doesn’t suck and is completely one of a kind.
Delivering a uniquely special experience to each and every one of our customers. Minus the red suit, you’ll pretty much be a real-life Santa Claus on a daily basis!
A major part of this job is driving a kick-ass single-car hauler to get the customer’s purchase delivered straight to their front door. You don’t need a commercial driver’s license to drive the hauler and don’t worry, with a little training, you’ll realize driving the hauler is a piece of cake.
Not only will you be driving that kick-ass car hauler, but you will also be loading and unloading the customer’s vehicle on and off of it (it’s a quick and easy process, but it does require getting a little physical) and inspecting the car-hauler to ensure the vehicle maintains good maintenance and safe driving conditions.
You’ll be expected to prioritize safe driving and to maintain a clean driving record in accordance to Carvana’s CMV Driver Qualification policy. Consistent, safe driving is crucial to this role!
This position requires a sense of humor and a passion for the customer experience. We are looking for someone who is goal-oriented, enthusiastic, energetic and self-motivated. Required knowledge, skills and abilities include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record for the past 5 years
- 2+ years of customer facing experience with a passion for creating memorable customer experiences
- Is a team player and has an understanding of the value of teamwork and how teams work
- Has a heightened sense of urgency, a strong attention to detail and is able to communicate our customer offerings in a clear and consistent manner
- Possess the energy and drive to accomplish goals, meet deadlines and find solutions
- Interest in working hard, being challenged in a fast-paced environment, and having fun while doing it
- Ability to pass a DOT physical, drug screen, and background check
- Must have (or be able to obtain) a Notary in your local jurisdiction within the first 90 days of employment (Process will be sponsored by Carvana)
- Illinois, Michigan and Louisiana employees must obtain a Chauffeur's license within the first two weeks of employment. (Process will be sponsored by Carvana.)
Contact email: [email protected]
WORK ENVIRONMENT This job operates in both indoor and outdoor conditions for extended amounts of time and may be exposed to inclement/extreme weather. We would never have employees work in extremely unsafe conditions (like a Sharknado), but you may get a tad toasty or wet from time to time. Likewise, some markets will require deliveries to be made in snow.
All applicants must pass a Department of Transportation screening process.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job