COVID-19 Response Team Member Special Projects Coordinator
North Carolina Farmworker Health Program
About the organization
The North Carolina Farmworker Health Program (NCFHP) at the Office of Rural Health, NC Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS), works to improve the health of migrant and seasonal farmworkers and their families by providing funding, training, and technical assistance to a statewide network of outreach and health care providers.
The position is a full-time temporary position beginning as soon as possible through March 31, 2023. The primary purpose of this position is to support NCFHP’s vaccination and COVID-response efforts among the farmworker population. Job responsibilities will vary depending upon changing needs but can include:
• Coordinate and support special COVID-19 community-based projects related to farm safety, health and education.
• Assist with the development of a new fellowship program and coordinate the management of the program in collaboration with program partners and serve as a mentor to the fellows.
• Assist with additional NCFHP activities related to COVID-19 vaccination and response as needed, including training, development of educational materials, supporting county-level farmworker vaccine teams and regional networks.
• Participate in committees, task forces and workgroups with state and county partners as needed.
• Ability to work with communities to develop and implement strategies to respond to the needs of farmworkers and the agricultural community.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with organizations, agencies, communities and individuals.
• Understanding of and commitment to cultural humility, health equity and racial equity.
• Experience with farmworkers or other underserved and vulnerable populations.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in Spanish and English.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Lived experience as part of a farmworker or agricultural family or community.
• Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds.
• Experience working with state agencies, non-profits, health programs or federally qualified health centers.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• A minimum of two years’ experience in community development, community service, public health or social work (or a public health or social work educational background).
• Minimum of high school degree required.
$24 – $31 (dependent upon educational background and experience)
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job