Country Director - West Bank/Gaza
About the organization
Established in 1951, Amideast is an American nonprofit organization dedicated to creating hope, opportunity, and mutual understanding among people in the Middle East, North Africa, and United States through life-changing opportunities for education and cultural exchanges. Working with local, regional, and international partners, we provide programs and services that improve educational opportunity and quality, expand access to U.S. study, empower youth and women, strengthen local institutions, and develop language and professional skills for success in the global economy. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., Amideast operates offices in 11 countries in the MENA region. For more information, visit us at www.amideast.org.
The Country Director will serve as Amideast’s senior representative in the West Bank/Gaza (WB/G), fostering positive relationships with host country government officials, key clients, partners, and donors; and overseeing the delivery of all Amideast’s programs and services to ensure consistency, quality, and a focus on client requirements. The incumbent will be responsible for managing all aspects of operations for Amideast in the WB/G, sustaining the existing program portfolio, and determining a strategy for the expansion of offerings and activities. The incumbent must be an assertive self-starter who possesses strong diplomatic and entrepreneurial skills.
Overall responsibilities for this position entail managing office operations, ensuring the financial integrity of the field office, recruiting and training staff, and developing a diverse portfolio of programs and services which includes educational advising and testing services for students and professionals, scholarship and exchange program services for a variety of sponsors, institutional capacity building initiatives, and professional training services, including basic management skills, workforce development skills, English language courses, and test preparation programs.
Amideast WB/G has its main office in Ramallah, and branch offices in Gaza, East Jerusalem, Nablus, and Hebron. The incumbent will be responsible for traveling to the branch offices on a regular basis.
• A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Education, Middle East Studies, or a relevant field
• A minimum of 10 years of management experience, including the oversight of staff, projects, and facilities
• Demonstrated business development experience, including project design, proposal development and writing, and budgeting
• Demonstrated experience in marketing educational, professional skills, and workforce development training programs and services via traditional and social media platforms
• Demonstrated financial management skills
• An intermediate level of spoken and written proficiency in Arabic
• Demonstrated entrepreneurial skills
• Exemplary writing, speaking, and presentation skills
• In-depth knowledge of the US higher education system
• In-depth knowledge of the WB/G education system
• A minimum of 5 years of work experience in the MENA region
• Strong organizational, supervisory, and interpersonal skills
• An ability to balance sensitive political and cultural issues and to develop a broad base of working relationships
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office productivity tools, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• An advanced level of spoken and written proficiency in Arabic and Hebrew
Commensurate with experience
Contact email: [email protected]
Please submit in the online application, a CV as well as cover letter for consideration.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job