Country Director (USA)
About the organization
Rustic Pathways is a student travel organization which offers the world's finest experiential education, community service, foreign language, and adventure programs. Our destinations stretch from the white-sand beaches of Fiji to the rainforest canopies of Costa Rica, the high Atlas mountains to the Great Barrier Reef, and many places in between. We provide superior quality travel and service in some of the most welcoming countries for students around the world. Rustic Pathways demands professionalism and integrity across all of our operations, insists on quality in all aspects of our programs, and places strong emphasis on the safety and well-being of our students and staff. We empower students through innovative and responsible travel experiences to positively impact lives and communities around the world.
Country Directors are responsible for ensuring success of all aspects of operations in country including high quality programming, safety compliance, risk management, staffing and training, financial management, community relations, emergency response, local regulatory compliance, and liaising between RP headquarters & your country of operations. You create, develop, implement, and maintain all programs in your country for our open-enrollment, gap, groups, and family programs. This entails being available to respond to staff and students issues 24 hours a day throughout the duration of all programs. Country Directors embody and implement the Rustic Pathways’ mission, vision, and values. You oversee a team of staff and are responsible for creating a productive and positive work environment among your country’s team.
* Maintain the integrity of the overall program operation in line with Rustic Pathways' mission, vision, and values
* Ensure all students have safe, positive, and transformative experiences in your country
* Oversee all program development, implementation, and management.
* Deliver programs that meet Rustic Pathways student learning goals in line with curricula developed by the Manager of Student Learning
* Implement and maintain all safety protocols and procedures from the Director of Global Safety & Risk Management
* Implement community service projects inline with company expectations
* Ensure compliance with local regulations and customs
* Manage staff hiring, training, development, and evaluation for local and international staff
* Manage country finances including timely delivery of comprehensive program and managerial budgets, expense reporting, and budget analysis
* Ensure a successful working relationship with local partners and local authorities
* Uphold and enforce company policies and procedures
* Ensure adequate follow-up to complaints and proper case management
* Respond professionally and appropriately to emergencies and incidents that arise in country be they medical, mental health, behavioral, logistical, natural disaster etc.
* Contribute to other company goals and initiatives and a positive contributor to the Rustic Pathways community.
* Years of Experience: 3-5+ years of leadership experience in education, experiential education and/or travel management.
* Education: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Hospitality, Travel & Tourism, Non-Profit Management, or other related field, or a combination of education and business experience
* Travel, leadership, and/or education with high school students.
* Professional working proficiency in English and additional language(s) preferred
* CPR & First Aid Certification / Wilderness First Responder certification preferred
* Significant experience living, working, studying, and / or traveling throughout the United States preferred.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
* Travel, learning, education, and/or business background preferred
* Personal experience in student travel (as student or leader) preferred
* Passion for travel
* Appreciation for diversity in cultures and experiences
* Understands the value of experiential education and travel for high school students
* Adaptable and flexible personality
* Eager to learn from colleagues
* Enjoys open collaboration and teamwork
* Interested in a fast-paced, rapidly developing role with opportunity for growth and ownership
Work and Environmental conditions:
* This position is primarily based in a remote setting. The work pace for this position is at a continual fast pace where work is required for more than 4 hours at a time. Low supervision from managers and social interaction required frequently. This position is often traveling 25% - 50% of the time and will require the majority of the year working in the country of operation.
* This position requires such physical abilities as sitting for computer and phone work, lifting 20-50 lbs occasionally, standing, kneeling, climbing, and walking in an outdoor setting and visiting program sites.
* The environment in which the job is performed outside a normal office space may include exposure to extreme temperature, noise, heights, or other hazards. All remains the same for any additional requirements for training, protective clothing, or monitoring.
Contact email: [email protected]
Please apply at above link
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job