About the organization
OneVillage Partner's mission is to catalyze community-led transformation in rural Africa. We envision the people of rural Africa engaged in building thriving, connected, and resilient communities.
Community led: We believe thriving communities determine and lead their own future.
Disciplined: We measure our impact and adapt our approach accordingly.
Sustainability: We focus on lasting solutions.
Equity: We seek the full participation of all people in our communities and programs.
OneVillage Partners is a community-led development organization currently implementing two programs across 18 communities in Eastern Sierra Leone, benefiting over 25,000 people. The full-time Country Director provides execution on the strategic plan and leadership for the country program and team of more than 40 staff. S/he is responsible for managing the leadership team in Sierra Leone and ensuring the delivery of quality programs, creating and maintaining donor and government relations, budget management, security and operations management, and developing a motivated and professional team. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Country Director is the primary link between programmatic work and the US office based in Minneapolis, MN.
The position is based partly in the small town of Bunumbu and the city of Kenema in Eastern Sierra Leone with travel to nearby communities.
Please see a comprehensive list of job duties at the following link: http://onevillagepartners.org/get-involved/internships-employment/#13951
• Graduate degree in International Development, Non-Profit Management or a relevant field
• Minimum of 5 years of senior management experience in international development, preferably in West Africa
• Experience in Community-Led Development methodologies and practices
• Experience executing on strategy across multiple offices and under guidance of a Board of Directors.
• Experience managing a multi-disciplinary team in a cross-cultural setting
• Strong financial management skills and experience creating and overseeing budgets; experience with QuickBooks a plus
• Excellent written and spoken English language ability; knowledge of Mende or Krio a plus
• Eligible to work in the United States
Contact email: [email protected]
Please provide a resume and cover letter.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job