Cost and Pricing Specialist – US based remote
About the organization
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees — 27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation with your application process, contact our Global Talent Operations team.
* Develop and prepare cost proposals in response to client requirements. In collaboration with technical staff, prepare budgets (CPFF, T&M, and Fixed Price) in MS Excel for international development project proposals to USAID and other clients;
* Under the Deputy Director of Cost and Pricing’s direction, conduct negotiations with clients on contracts where performing as Cost Lead;
* Provide cost and pricing advice to proposal teams in conjunction with proposal objectives;
* Negotiate budgetary items with subcontractors with guidance from technical staff and maintain Tetra Tech reputation throughout negotiating process;
* Prepare supporting documentation for cost proposal submissions, including budget narratives, certifications, etc.;
* Present draft proposal budgets for reviews and prepare briefings for Senior Management review;
* Assist technical staff in completing costed modifications;
* Assist in the design and implementation of improvements to cost and pricing processes and procedures;
* Assist in enforcement of compliance with the company’s cost and pricing processes and procedures;
* Assist in development and facilitation of trainings to staff related to cost and pricing; and
* Perform other duties as requested by the Deputy Director of Cost and Pricing or Senior Director of Cost and Pricing when successful completion of business operations requires a cooperative effort.
* Bachelor’s degree in a related field required;
* Minimum of two (2) years of professional experience in new business development required; candidates with experience in cost proposal development may qualify for a higher-level designation;
* Extremely proficient in MS Excel, particularly budget development and formula utilization;
* Highly proficient in MS Office applications;
* Outstanding interpersonal and intercultural communication skills;
* Exemplary collegiality, reliability, and follow through across teams and tasks;
* Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure on multiple concurrent projects;
* Demonstrated detail orientation and exceptionally high levels of organization;
* Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with poise and professionalism; and
* Current U.S. work authorization is required at the time of application.
$55,000 - $85,000
To be considered, please submit the following:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that only the requested documents noted above are submitted. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job