Coordinator, Typhoid Programs
Sabin Vaccine Institute
About the organization
Our mission is to make vaccines more accessible, enable innovation and expand immunization across the globe. We seek a future free from vaccine-preventable diseases. We are an innovative, collaborative and engaged team that values accountability, teamwork, partnership and driving impact. We are vaccine champions improving lives through immunization.
We are looking for a detail oriented and self-motivated person to work with our team. The Coordinator will proactively support Team Typhoid with a wide variety of administrative and logistical duties related to tracking deadlines and deliverables, travel coordination, expense reporting and meeting assistance.
• Assist with sub-award contracts, including ensuring timely reports from research partners and preparing payments
• Perform data-entry and maintain accurate records of typhoid grant contracts, payments and reports in the Salesforce database
• Assist with completion of administrative forms as required, including expense reports, check requests, teleconference reconciliation, credit card reconciliation
• Schedule, prepare for and participate in meetings with team members and collaborating partners
• Coordinate travel through Sabin’s preferred travel partner as well as other vendors as necessary
• Assist in maintaining the Coalition against Typhoid website
• Provide copyediting, formatting and document management support
• Provide executive support to Vice President of Typhoid Programs, as needed
• Perform operational tasks necessary to keep projects running smoothly, and assist in ensuring compliance with Sabin, funding agency and partner expectations
• Assist in identifying external opportunities to raise awareness of typhoid and promote the work of the typhoid programs team
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• Minimum 1 year of relevant experience
• Experience working in public health and/or grant-funded environments preferred
• Professional experience with travel and meeting arrangements preferred
• Strong administrative skills; experience in or knowledge of finance, contracts, budgeting and reporting preferred
• Proven success drafting, proofreading and editing complex documents
• Strong attention to detail, ability to manage complex tasks; highly organized, flexible, dependable and able to prioritize competing demands in order to meet deadlines
• Excellent communications skills (active listening, writing, speaking)
• Ability to process information quickly
• Ability to work across the organization, building strong relationships with colleagues
• Flexible with a superior service orientation
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Sabin Vaccine Institute has a generous benefits package.
Contact email: [email protected]
To be considered, please submit your cover letter and resume via e-mail to [email protected] Please be sure to reference “Coordinator, Typhoid Programs” in the subject line. Your cover letter should: (1) address the reasons for your interest in this position; and, (2) describe the knowledge, skills, and abilities you would bring the Sabin Vaccine Institute. No phone calls, please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply