Coordinator, Professional Learning Services
NAFSA: Association of International Educators
About the organization
NAFSA: Association of International Educators is an organization of people dedicated to building a global community and fostering a more peaceful world through advancing international higher education. With approximately 10,000 members, NAFSA is the world’s largest professional development and advocacy organization committed to international learning and creating a more globally engaged, welcoming, and educated United States.
NAFSA believes that international education advances learning and scholarship, fosters understanding and respect among people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives, is essential for developing globally competent individuals, and builds leadership for the global community. We believe that international education lies at the core of an interconnected world characterized by peace, security, and well-being for all.
The Coordinator handles logistics, registration, and materials development for Professional Learning Services (PLS) programs and projects. Enrolling over 1,000 participants a year, this position supports a portfolio of full-length synchronous e-learning courses, asynchronous e-learning courses, and other NAFSA online learning offerings.
Major Functions and Responsibilities
Coordinate program information, management, and enrollments for PLS programs, including NAFSA Online Learning (45%)
Update and perform quality control of PLS program materials and Career Print (25%)
Coordinate with marketing services to prepare materials for assigned programs (15%)
Coordinate PLS Team budget (5%)
Other duties as assigned by the Senior Director (5%)
• Associate’s degree
• Superior communication skills, both oral and written, with strong editorial capabilities (writing, editing, proofreading)
• A track record of excellent customer relations support utilizing both telephone and email
• Demonstrated ability to appropriately prioritize, manage, and complete multiple projects and assignments while meeting competing deadlines
• Experience synthesizing and organizing material for comprehensive written reports
• Intermediate to advanced proficiency in all Microsoft Office suite products
• Bachelor’s degree with at least two (2) years of work experience
• Experience in teaching or training; familiarity with curriculum development or instructional design.
• Experience with HTML, learning management systems and/or databases
• Familiarity with learning technologies and software solutions
• Previous experience with NAFSA, international education, or other association, membership or nonprofit organization
• Exposure to event coordination or planning
• Previous customer support or technical support experience
A cover letter and resume are required for consideration.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job