Community Water Center
About the organization
The Community Water Center (CWC) acts as a catalyst for community-driven water solutions
through organizing, education, and advocacy in California. CWC has offices in Visalia,
Watsonville and Sacramento, CA.
The Contracts Manager is a regular salary, full-time, exempt position based out of the Visalia,
Sacramento or Watsonville office. CWC is rapidly growing the scale of its state-funded technical
assistance work to support communities in the development of drinking water solutions. As part
of this growth, we are growing our capacity to effectively manage our government funding
agreements and subcontracts. This position will contribute to that growth by leading the
administration and billing for our contract work. This position will require periodic travel to the
other office locations as needed to ensure effective staff coordination and attendance to CWC
events. All employees at CWC are “at will.” This position will be supervised by the Director of
Operations and will work closely with other CWC staff, vendors, agencies, and interns.
● Four years relevant professional experience or two years experience with a degree in a
● Ability to compile, and present project data updates in clear, easy to understand manner.
● Proficient in Microsoft, and Google Office Suites (Excel, Google Sheets) and willing to
learn new applications.
● Two or more years management experience
● Ability to think critically and creatively to solve problems.
● Strong interpersonal communication skills with sensitivity to audience
● Strong passion for and commitment to social and environmental justice
● Proven ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced office environment and meet
● Ability to stay organized and maintain clear notes and records.
● Ability to accept and provide critical feedback – the ideal candidate would value
accountability across the organization
● Valid CA driver’s license and the ability to drive long distance on highways.
● Have or be willing to receive COVID-19 vaccination.
● Experience in accounting and bookkeeping.
● Fluent in Spanish (writing and speaking).
● Experience managing or assisting in the administration of government contracts or
● Experience working in the San Joaquin Valley and/or Salinas Valley or familiarity with
key environmental justice issues facing these regions
$75,000-$95,000; based on experience and qualifications.
Contact email: [email protected]
To apply: Email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] and note
(title) position - [your name] in the subject line
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job