Contracts Manager, Managed Organizations (Washington, DC; Durham, NC; Chicago, IL; San Francisco, CA: or New York, NY)
About the organization
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We work together across geographies on issues ranging from the social and economic advancement of women and girls, and conservation of our climate and planet, to reducing poverty and inequity in the United States and around the world. Our staff members are mission-driven and action-oriented, and have a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience. The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation.
An experienced, detail-oriented professional who will ensure Arabella’s nonprofit clients’ contractual agreements are compliant with relevant policies and laws
This role sits on the Managed Organizations (MO) Compliance Team. MO Compliance team members provide technical expertise to the nonprofit organizations Arabella manages that serve as fiscal sponsors to new and innovative public interest projects.
- Review and revise a high volume of contractual agreements to ensure that terms and conditions comply with Managed Nonprofit Organization (MNPO) policies and applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensure contracts are written in language that is legally binding and in accordance with MNPO goals. Identify compliance and risk issues reflected in contractual agreements and escalate issues to other team members or Legal department, as needed.
- Serve as a technical support resource for all account teams, responding to questions, creating resources, and developing training materials. Join calls with vendors and MNPO fiscally sponsored projects as needed to respond to questions.
- Drive operational and procedural improvements related to contracts; collect and analyze data to track compliance and client service metrics related to contracts.
- Contribute to the team and Arabella’s significant year-over-year growth by improving our systems, operations and processes
- Develop an understanding of relevant emerging and critical philanthropic trends
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience, at least 2 years of which includes direct work with contracts.
- Direct experience with contract development and review, including familiarity with contract principles, clauses, and general terminology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of legal frameworks governing organizations exempt from taxation under sections 501c3 and c4 of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Ability to clearly communicate and explain complex contract terminology to interested parties in simple, everyday language, including adapting style, tone and content to a variety of audiences.
- Experience developing internal policies, procedures, and staff training materials.
- The ability to take ownership and be creative and solutions-oriented when encountering challenges that don’t have obvious answers, including the ability to solve challenges independently and create new systems/processes where they didn’t exist before
- The ability to effectively manage multiple demands, projects and deadlines, proactively problem solve, and ensure quality control
- The ability to solve complex challenges, provide proactive and effective client-centered solutions, pass along service lessons to teammates, and demonstrate a strong understanding of the client’s perspective
- A high level of emotional intelligence and the ability to use that intelligence to appropriately adapt to stakeholders’ needs
Submit a resume and a one-page cover letter online. The cover letter should address why you’re excited to work at Arabella and why you’re qualified for this specific job.
Arabella Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to racial equity. If we can make the application process easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We encourage you to read or listen to our DEI statement prior to applying. We make a particular effort to recruit people of color and members of marginalized groups to apply for open positions. Once you have applied, we welcome your feedback on how you have experienced our values around DEI in the recruitment process.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses. All applicants must already be legally eligible to work in the United States at the time of application to be considered for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job