Consultant - Program Support, Europe and Eurasia Programs
About the organization
Internews empowers people worldwide with the trustworthy, high-quality news and information they need to make informed decisions, participate in their communities, and hold power to account. We seek to realize the potential of a digitally connected world: a world in which evidence-based information advances human progress, enables broad opportunity and accountability, and fuels vibrant civic debate.
For more than 35 years, in more than 100 countries, Internews has worked to build healthy media and information environments where they are most needed. We have proudly incubated hundreds of sustainable organizations, bolstered the skills of thousands of media professionals, activists, and citizens, and helped these partners reach millions of people with quality, local information.
The Program Support Consultant for Europe and Eurasia Programs provides surge support as needed for programmatic tasks, as well as proposal development opportunities within the Europe and Eurasia team under the supervision of the Senior Program Officer for Europe and Eurasia.
This is a part-time, remote-based consultancy. The ideal candidate will be based in either the Europe and Eurasia region or on the East Coast of the United States (GMT -5), though candidates based anywhere in the world will be considered. The position will require some flexibility to coordinate with colleagues on the East Coast of the United States and those in the Europe and Eurasia region.
For more, please visit our Careers page: https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTERNEWS&cws=38&rid=1380
- Three or more years of professional experience supporting US Government (USG) donor-funded projects, including experience contributing to USG proposals; experience supporting USAID - and/or DRL-funded projects strongly preferred
- Experience monitoring and evaluating project results through project-level indicators (strongly preferred)
- Solid understanding of media development and/or other civil society development issues; familiarity with these issues in the context of Central and Eastern Europe, the Balkans, the Caucasus, and Central Asia strongly preferred
- Native-level English fluency required; professional proficiency in Russian strongly preferred
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including diplomacy, tact and discretion
- Superior analytical and writing skills
- Ability to set priorities and manage time effectively
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a multicultural environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office programs
- University degree required
To apply, please visit our Careers page: https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTERNEWS&cws=38&rid=1380
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job