About the organization
About Brooklyn SolarWorks
Brooklyn SolarWorks was founded in 2015 with the purpose and mission to make “solar” appealing, easy, available, an affordable for all of NYC’s urban homeowners. Brooklyn SolarWorks is a turn-key operation as it designs and installs all its systems in-house, along with its sales, marketing and permitting processes. BSW is dedicated to the unique designs necessary for NYC urban environment and has pioneered and patented an entirely new design as well as installation methods.
Why Brooklyn SolarWorks
We are committed to building a diverse, sustainably minded, comfortable and ever-growing team that allows us to delight customers and provide them with clean energy. We believe and advocate for work life balance and growing at a manageable pace. Our staff and our customers are who we are, and here, their voice truly matters. To get a sense of our culture and environment check out our social media channels: IG, TikTok and FB: brooklynsolarworks,
• Maintain compliance with all OSHA safety rules and protocols for the company.
• Manage/Organize Schedule the team that carries out site preparation and post installation construction activities.
• Review all non-standard projects early in the permitting process; coordinating with BSW’s Permitting department.
• Coordinate all necessary job details with project managers.
• Assist with scheduling and execution of nonstandard field activities.
• Help to streamline communication within the department and with all associated departments to ensure job success.
• Track activities in QuickBase (QB) CRM system.
• Carry out additional duties as needed by the VP. (The role is anticipated to grow in duties over time)
• Valid Driver’s license and cleaning job record is required.
• OSHA 30 certification + 10 SST is required.
• Roofing experience is strongly preferred.
• At least 4 years of construction experience.
• Solar equipment and installation experience is preferred.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs, stand, walk and climb stairs/ladders.
• Comfort with heights / ladders.
• Attention to detail.
• Excellent Time Management.
• Ability to travel and work irregular hours.
• Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently.
• Excellent Communication and record keeping skills.
• Computer literacy - quickbase/ G suite/others.
• Familiarity with all construction aspects of BSW systems.
• Able to work variable hours.
• Familiarity with/competence in use of monitoring portals.
• Passion for Brooklyn Solarworks mission.
Contact email: [email protected]
• (Free options are available) Health (HSA), Vision, Dental and Life Insurance
• 401k (Traditional & Roth) retirement plan + 4% tiered company matching.
• Transportation perks/benefits
• Paid Time Off
• 12 Company Holidays
• Quarterly Profit-sharing Bonus
• $500 Quarterly Driving Bonus
• Free Employee Assistance Program
• Commuter Travel Benefits
• Occasional Company provided snacks and lunches
• Additional Voluntary Benefits. .. i.e. HSA, FSA, Pet insurance, STD, LTD etc…
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job