American Cultural Exchange Service (ACES)
About the organization
American Cultural Exchange Service (ACES) is a small, growing, non-profit organization dedicated to promoting global understanding through educational and cultural exchange experiences. As a US Department of State (DOS) designated organization, ACES administers international high school exchange programs, including the Department of State's K-L YES, FLEX, and NSLI-Y grant programs.
With the national office located in Bellevue, a suburb of Seattle, ACES maintains a network of dedicated and well-trained Local Coordinators in communities throughout the United States who provide program services at the local level to international participants, U.S. host families, schools, and organizations.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Tracking paperwork for grant and non-grant programs
• Working directly with program managers to complete program specific projects such as: creating program documents, quarterly student newsletter, editing handbooks and program documents, etc.
• General office work including phone answering, filing, copying, mailing, etc.
• Occasional travel to attend meetings
• Bachelor’s degree preferred with at least 2 years’ experience in an office environment
• Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
• Ability to multitask to address multiple, competing priorities
• Self-starter, motivated, team oriented, and excited to grow with us
• Ambitious and able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Pleasant telephone manner and interpersonal skills
• Positive attitude, flexible and willingness to take direction
• Good working knowledge of MS Office, Photoshop, Publisher
• International experience
$35,000/year, Benefits after 3 months
Contact email: [email protected]
Resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply