Government and IT Services
About the organization
Based in Washington, DC, MPS is an SBA-certified HUBZone Small Business, dedicated to empowering our clients through innovative change management services, with a focus on organizational effectiveness. Founded by a former Peace Corps volunteer, our consultants have served executives in the federal sector for over a decade, working on several high-profile initiatives. We pride ourselves on being experienced consultants, trusted advisers, and reliable partners. As a designated Employer of National Service, our core value is a commitment to public service.
M Powered Strategies is seeking a Compliance Analyst to support federal clients in developing, maintaining, updating and quality-controlling IT policies, procedures and strategies in compliance with FISMA standards and NIST guidance. Successful candidate will be an excellent writer and communicator, a self-starter, an effective team player with excellent project management skills.
- Advise and evaluate existing policies, procedures, strategies and plans and identify gaps and work with relevant SMEs to mitigate shortcomings.
- Generate new policies, procedures, plans, and strategies.
- Conduct quality assurance of existing documentation for compliance.
- Coordinate between groups (government and contractors) to ensure consistency and completeness of policies, procedures, processes and strategies. Ensure compliance with the standards and organization requirements relative to specific assignments.
- Develop and deliver internal and client-facing program reviews, status reports, performance reports and other communications
- Analyze customer needs and document requirements and proactively propose technical solutions
- Lead technical meetings and input-gathering sessions with relevant SMEs.
- Design a formal program and standardize a process for continuous documentation tracking, revision, updates and approval, with associated documented processes and workflows.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant fields (education can be substituted with years of experience)
- 5 years of progressive experience (or 3 years with relevant Master's degree)
- Comfortable with complexity and critical thinking while guiding stakeholders/workgroups to achieve their objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create and deliver concise, clear, and compelling oral and written briefing materials within tight timelines and for multiple audiences
- Outgoing, confident, patient, and has a strong virtual and in-person presence with good communication and relationship skills
- Experience in facilitating, including managing stakeholders, supporting effective collaboration, communicating requirements, managing logistics, and providing comprehensive documentation
- Able to pass a background check to obtain a Public Trust (High-Risk) Position
- Must be a U.S. citizen
Nice to Haves
- Experience with the NIST Risk Management Framework and SP 800 issuances, continuous monitoring, and information system security policies, standards, and procedures
- Experience with developing security policies, processes, and procedures
- Experience with assessing new security laws, policies, or standards to determine program–level impact
- Previous Federal Government experience
- Experience with Agile methodologies
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job