Community Sponsorship Manager
International Rescue Committee
About the organization
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover and gain control of their future. In more than 40 countries and over 20 U.S. cities, our dedicated teams provide clean water, shelter, health care, education and empowerment support to refugees and displaced people.
The Community Sponsorship (CS) Manager establishes and manages all aspects of the assigned office or region’s community sponsorship program. They expand and strengthen engagement of local community groups, faith-based organizations, and businesses in the welcoming and integration of refugees, build awareness of and support for forcibly displaced populations, and seed the larger landscape for community sponsorship in the US. The Community Sponsorship Manager builds, implements, and refines IRC’s local Community Sponsorship programming in accordance with current and emerging best practices, collaborating closely with all stakeholders for the benefit of IRC clients and communities.
· Combination of education and experience normally represented by a bachelor’s degree in social work or human service field
· Minimum of four years of related, progressively responsible professional experience
· Minimum of two years of experience working with diverse clients in a non-profit setting; previous experience working with refugees preferred
· Experience in project or program management, including experience meeting deadlines, maintaining case files, and completing timely reporting
· Comfort with establishing relationships and collaborating with national organizations and businesses
· Ability to work effectively in an environment that is multi-cultural and multi-lingual; experience using interpreters desired
· Highly effective communication skills, demonstrating strong partnership skills, emotional intelligence, and situational awareness
· Highly adaptable and flexible self-starter with ability to work independently as well as collaborate with others, juggle multiple priorities, and meet deadlines in a demanding work environment
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
· Fluency in English; written and spoken
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job