Community Solutions Advocate
Community Water Center
About the organization
The Community Water Center (CWC) is an environmental justice nonprofit that works directly
alongside impacted communities towards the goal of securing universal access to safe and
affordable drinking water in California. We believe access to safe and affordable drinking water
is a basic human right, not a privilege. CWC seeks to build an enduring movement for water
justice that is powered by community activists by serving as a catalyst for community-driven
water solutions through organizing, education, and advocacy.
The Community Solutions Advocate position is a regular, full-time, exempt employee position
that will work in and with communities in the Southern San Joaquin Valley to help secure access
to safe and affordable drinking water through empowering communities to engage in local
drinking water projects and local/regional/statewide policy and political campaigns.
This position will help CWC work to continue to build a people-driven movement for water
justice, as we fight to bring community-driven change to the San Joaquin Valley, to California
All employees at CWC are “at will.” This position will report directly to the CWC Organizing
Manager or another position as assigned, and will work closely with other CWC staff,
community partners, and allies.
● Strong passion for and commitment to social and environmental justice.
● Outstanding organizational skills.
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
● Ability to juggle multiple tasks and responsibilities, while remaining focused on
● Creative and comprehensive problem solving skills.
● Ability to think strategically and understand how individual campaigns and projects fit
into CWC’s overall model of change.
● Flexible schedule – willing and able to work weekends and attend night meetings and
attend out-of-town events, activities and meetings as needed.
● Proficient with basic computer skills including, at minimum: Microsoft Office, Google
Apps, and ability to troubleshoot basic software and computer equipment problems.
● Fluent in Spanish (oral and written).
● Valid CA driver’s license.
● Experience working with low-income communities and/or communities of color.
● Understanding of and fluency in digital organizing tools and software, including online,
mobile, social media, and text platforms.
● Experience with, or knowledge of, water and environmental issues and/or community
● Knowledge of political landscape in California.
● Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
Starting at $50k (based on experience and qualifications).
Contact email: [email protected]
Application: To apply, email resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
To learn more about the Community Water Center and our programs, visit our website at
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job