Community Solutions Advocate
Community Water Center
About the organization
Community Water Center is an environmental justice nonprofit that works alongside under-resourced communities of color to secure universal access to safe and affordable drinking water in California. We believe access to safe and affordable drinking water is a basic human right, not a privilege. CWC seeks to build an enduring movement for water justice that is powered by community activists by serving as a catalyst for community-driven water solutions through organizing, education, and advocacy.
The Community Solutions Advocate position is a regular, exempt, full-time, salary position that will work in partnership with communities in the Central Coast to help secure access to safe and affordable drinking water. This is primarily achieved by providing accurate and relevant information on local drinking water quality, conditions, and challenges, connecting residents to available resources, and supporting and empowering communities to engage in local drinking water projects and local, regional and statewide policy campaigns.
All employees at CWC are “at will.” This position will report directly to CWC’s Community Advocacy Manager based in Watsonville, and will work closely with other CWC staff, community partners, and allies.
Strong passion for and commitment to social and environmental justice.
● Strong interpersonal verbal communication and writing skills, with sensitivity to
appropriate delivery depending on target and audience.
● Strong interpersonal communication skills via various methods (ie in-person, telephone,
email, video conferencing, and in writing).
● Outstanding organizational skills.
● Ability to prioritize work and rearrange priorities to meet goals, as needed.
● Ability to manage your own time effectively and track progress on projects.
● Ability to work in a collaborative environment and effectively cooperate with other team
● Ability to work with and inspire diverse communities and age groups.
● Creative and comprehensive problem solving skills.
● Ability to think strategically and understand how individual campaigns and projects fit
into CWC’s overall model of change.
● Ability to accept praise and critical feedback – the ideal candidate would value
self-improvement and seek evaluation.
● Flexible schedule – willing and able to work weekends and attend night meetings and
attend out-of-town events, activities and meetings as needed.
● Proficient with basic computer skills including, at minimum: Microsoft Office, Google
Apps, and ability to troubleshoot basic software and computer equipment problems.
● Fluent in Spanish (oral and written).
● Valid CA driver’s license.
● Have or be willing to receive COVID-19 vaccination
Starting at $54,080 (based on experience and qualifications).
Contact email: [email protected]
To apply: Email your resume and cover letter to Brandon Bollinger, Community Advocacy
Manager, at [email protected] and note Community Solutions
Advocate position - [your name] in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job