Community Sales Marketing and Sales Representative
About the organization
Equal Exchange started with an idea: what if food could be traded in a way that is honest and fair, a way that empowers both farmers and consumers? Our asked this question as they envisioned a trade model that values each part of the supply chain. So they took a big risk and plunged full-force into changing a broken food system.
Equal Exchange's mission is to build long-term trade partnerships that are economically just and environmentally sound, to foster mutually beneficial relationships between farmers and consumers and to demonstrate, through our success, the contribution of worker co-operatives and Fair Trade to a more equitable, democratic and sustainable world.
Coordinate marketing campaigns to gain new customers and increase sales for School Fundraising and Interfaith programs. Work includes:
- Accountable for seasonal Fundraising program
- Set strategy and meet annual sales goals for Fundraising and Interfaith sectors as negotiated with supervisor
- Communicate the characteristics of these Equal Exchange Programs and products with customers & prospects
- Conduct follow up calls with fundraising prospects
- Respond to customer inquiries & trouble-shoots
- In collaboration with others, design, implement and evaluate promotional strategies for Fundraising & Interfaith such as ad buys and social media initiatives.
- Attend events appropriate to these sectors
- Lead annual seasonal Fundraising catalog from idea to completion
- Work with contractors (designer, photographer, printer, mail house, etc.)
- Coordinate with Customer Service and warehouse teams
- Monitor budgets as assigned
- Measure and report a variety of business activities and ROI results, including development of original presentations and reports as assigned.
- Other job-related responsibilities and projects as assigned
- Participate in staff, team, department, and educational (Exchange Time) meetings.
- Understand our producer partners, trading policies, and the Fair Trade movement.
- Understand and participate effectively in our worker cooperative model.
- A strong interest in the mission of Equal Exchange
- 2 – 4 years of sales/marketing or project management experience
- Entrepreneurial and strategic thinker
- Experience coordinating both print and online marketing projects
- Experience with various social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Instagram)
- Ability to evaluate ROI (return on investment) using various analytical techniques
- Thorough knowledge of Excel required
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple projects, focused primarily on our School Fundraising and Interfaith constituencies
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Experience with Marketo, Microsoft Nav and Basecamp preferred.
- Experience with HTML, CSS preferred.
- Desire to work for a cooperative organization
Commensurate with experience, within Equal Exchange salary structure
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job