Community Resource Specialist - Bilingual Spanish, Russian or Vietnamese
About the organization
Impact NW started over 50 years ago when a group of neighbors came together to address the growing poverty in their Southeast Portland neighborhood. Ever since, Impact NW has worked to create life-changing partnerships with our clients to help them stabilize and strengthen to achieve their goals. The key to our success is our people. Our employees are passionate and compassionate and they are our strength in supporting our mission. The rich lived and educational backgrounds of our employees enables us to tap our deep, diverse knowledge and experiences to build relationships with clients from many backgrounds and provide the extra support and guidance our clients desire. If you believe in what we do, join our team. Together, we can find a way. People of color and people from historically marginalized communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are currently looking for a Resource Specialist (full-time), who is bilingual in English, Spanish, Russian or Vietnamese to provide clinic-based community resource services at Kaiser Permanente Rockwood. Specific responsibilities include conducting brief client assessments, action planning, and individualized service referrals.
-Utilize person-centered and trauma-informed assessment to identify and prioritize participant needs.
-Support and encourage participants’ self-advocacy.
-Maintain compliance with all HIPAA standards.
-Coordinate and/or assist with transportation planning as needed.
-Collaborate with community partners to connect participants with food resources, energy assistance, housing assistance, medical/medication assistance, life skills classes and recovery resources.
-Bridge community, cultural, linguistic, education and other barriers to encourage participant engagement with community services.
-Develop and maintain working relationships with health providers, nurse case managers and others to maintain effective outreach strategies and support participant access to The Community Resource Program.
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO), holidays and self care leave
- Employer paid healthcare
- Employer paid life and disability coverage
- 401k with employer matching contributions
- Extensive professional development and training
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bilingual in English, Spanish, Russian or Vietnamese.
- Experience in human services/social work.
- Demonstrated ability to provide culturally responsive services.
- Demonstrated self-motivation and the ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work within a strength-based, trauma-informed and empowerment focused model.
- Ability and willingness to work as a team member and support Impact NW’s mission and goals.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Sensitivity and ability to relate to people from diverse lifestyles, races and cultures.
- Possess good organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple and varied tasks.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office computer program and word processing skills.
$17.94 - $19.29/hr
For full consideration, please provide both a Resume and Cover Letter
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job