COMMUNITY RESOURCE MANAGER
SOS Children's Villages Illinois
About the organization
At SOS Children’s Villages Illinois, we are committed to providing safe, stable, loving homes. We do this by keeping brothers and sisters together in an individual home in the care of a full-time, professional Foster Parent. In doing so, we lay the foundation for rebuilding trust, confidence, and hope for each child in our care.
To support a variety of projects and programs aimed at nurturing and growing youth and families through a network of volunteers and community partners. This individual will work closely with the community successfully operate and continuously improve the quality of life of SOS children and their families in order to achieve service plan goals.
This position is full-time with supervision and shared responsibilities for both the Chicago Village and Roosevelt Square Village. The position is full-time through the schedule requires flexible hours and reliable transportation to allow for scheduling and overseeing activities for both Villages during hours convenient for the children, which may often be evenings and weekends.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for supervising the Activity Specialists; facilitate monthly individual and group supervision meetings. Helps develop and mentor Activity Specialist, while also holding them accountable.
• Act as liaison between SOS Illinois and the local schools to facilitate relationships and better understandings of needs on behalf of the children Communicate with the Village Director, Program Assistant, the Development department, and members of the Village Administrative Team regarding events, client and community needs and service availability;
• Develop community partnerships for purchasing, programming, and networking purposes.
VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR THE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher.
• Supervisory experience preferred.
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience not-for-profit administrative experience, including community resource and volunteer development.
• 2 years of experience providing educational experience services to youth who present behavioral, educational and emotional challenges.
• Social service, advocacy, or educational experience; working with foster care or similar programs and services a plus.
• Ability to pass DCFS required a criminal background check including CANTS/SACWIS and SORS.
• Valid Illinois driver’s license with the acceptable driving record; insured and reliable transportation, as the position will be split between
• Villages and will be involved in the communities.
• Willingness to travel within the community and to the various agency sites.
• Ability to work flexible hours including evening and weekends. Schedule may regularly be later mornings to evenings on weekdays and weekends depending on activities scheduled. Schedule to be finalized with the supervisor.
• Sensitivity to the cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of clients and staff.
• Ability to relate to the Agency staff and to the public in a courteous and professional manner.
• Strong communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential materials.
• Reliable, punctual, and able to manage multiple tasks.
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job