Community Water Center
About the organization
The Community Water Center (CWC) acts as a catalyst for community-driven water solutions through organizing, education, and advocacy. We seek to build and enhance leadership capacity and local community power around water issues, create a statewide movement for water justice alongside low-income communities and communities of color who do not have access to safe, clean and affordable water. CWC’s vision is for all communities to have access
to safe, clean, and affordable water. Community Water Center also currently has offices in Watsonville and Sacramento.
The Community Organizer position is a regular, full-time, exempt employee position that will be primarily responsible for conducting CWC’s organizing and base-building work in communities in the San Joaquin Valley. All employees at CWC are “at will.” This position will report directly to the CWC Director of Organizing, Erica Fernandez and will work closely with other CWC staff, community partners and allies.
Foster an environment that promotes trust and cooperation amongst CWC staff, community members, and affiliate organizations.
● Actively participate in program strategy, planning, tracking and reporting, and staff meetings.
● Actively participate in CWC fund development activities, such as donor drives, online appeals, and other events.
● Provide general administrative and program support.
● Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
● Strong passion for and commitment to social and environmental justice.
● Experience working with low-income communities and/or communities of color.
● Strong interpersonal verbal communication and writing skills, with sensitivity to
appropriate delivery depending on target and audience.
● Strong interpersonal communication skills via various methods (ie in-person, telephone, email, video conferencing, and in writing)
● Outstanding organizational skills.
● Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
● Ability to juggle multiple tasks and responsibilities, while remaining focused on
● Ability to work with and inspire diverse communities and age groups.
● Creative and comprehensive problem solving skills.
● Ability to think strategically and understand how individual campaigns and projects fit into CWC’s overall model of change
● Ability to accept praise and critical feedback – the ideal candidate would value
self-improvement and seek evaluation.
● Flexible schedule – willing and able to work weekends and attend night meetings and attend out-of-town events, activities, and meetings as needed.
● Proficient with basic computer skills including, at minimum: Microsoft Office, Google Apps, and ability to troubleshoot basic software and computer equipment problems.
● Fluent in Spanish (oral and written).
● Valid CA driver’s license.
$50K and competitive depending on experience.
Contact email: [email protected]
To apply, email resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job