Community Liaison Coordinator - AmeriCorps Member
Safe Routes to Health AmeriCorps Program at Michigan Fitness Foundation
About the organization
The Safe Routes to Health AmeriCorps program (SRTH) at the Michigan Fitness Foundation focuses on connecting residents in underserved areas to health, wellness, and physical activity resources that address healthy habits to help residents thrive. AmeriCorps members do this by increasing the capacity for health education and community outreach within their host sites.
Members will serve as local champions to help community members learn about health, wellness, and physical activity through direct service activities in five program elements: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education inspired interventions, advancing local food systems, supporting COVID-19 response, promoting active lifestyles, and engaging communities through outreach. Each host site utilizes members in unique ways to address the need of their communities. Members will participate in scheduled AmeriCorps days of service, trainings, and professional development. SRTH members serve 900 hours over 8-11 months, averaging 20 hours a week.
1. At least 18 years of age
2. A U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States
3. Have a high school diploma or equivalent or agree to obtain a high school diploma or its equivalent prior to utilizing the education award
4. Satisfy the National Service Criminal History Check
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Interest and/or experience in any of the following: health, nutrition, physical activity, education, parks and recreation, youth and senior engagement, event planning, or health equity and diversity
2. Dedication to and enjoyment of community service
3. Basic computer skills, including the ability to navigate social media and Office 365
4. Ability to generate strong results with limited supervision
5. Planning, organizational, and time-management skills
6. Volunteer recruitment and management
7. Capacity to be flexible and adaptable to varied circumstances
8. Drive to be productive and follow through with assigned tasks
9. Willingness to learn and attend all AmeriCorps trainings
10. Access to reliable transportation
Living allowance plus education award upon successful completion of service
Contact email: [email protected]
Please complete the member application linked here and email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please indicate your top 3 regions you would prefer in your cover letter.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job