Community Health Program Technical Assistant
Last Mile Health
About the organization
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Last Mile Health, we make bold commitments that inspire innovation. Do you have experience working alongside Ministries of Health to accelerate program quality and impact? If so, you might be an excellent fit for the Community Health Program Technical Assistant role.
Working in close partnership with the Ministry of Health and Population (MOHP), Last Mile Health (LMH) is supporting the government to implement the National Community Health Strategy. The Community Health Program Technical Assistant will work in partnership with the Community Health Services Section (CHSS) to provide flexible support to the team around performance management and supervision systems to increase program quality and coordination at the district and national levels.
What You'll Do
- Support CHSS program leadership through the design of knowledge management and information sharing platforms to increase national, district and stakeholder engagement and with community health activities
- Provide technical expertise and design support around the development of integrated program supervision tools and processes for national and district level actors
- Support CHSS in analyzing, reporting, and harmonizing program supervision data to inform program performance reviews
- Support CHSS in designing and coordinating district level activities on partner harmonization, technical working groups, program quality and data use
What You'll Bring
- Graduate degree in Public Health or related field; minimum of 5 years of work experience in health system design, performance management and monitoring & evaluation
- Several years of management experience in the private or public sector, with increasing levels of responsibility and leadership, including living and working in resource-limited setting, ideally in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Availability for up to 25% domestic and some international travel
- Demonstrated success designing and leading health systems strengthening programs in partnership with government and according to best practices in global health and development
- Experience establishing new national-level programs, protocols and procedures in complex environments, ideally in a community health or global health setting
- Demonstrated success in supporting and advocating with high-level officials and stakeholders in managing policy and/or government compliance
- Track record of consensus building and managing relationships with a range of stakeholders across sector
You'll Impress Us If
- You have an advanced understanding of community health systems
- You ave experience in working with government data systems
- You have direct experience working on policy advocacy for national public health policies
Please apply using the link above. We look forward to hearing from you.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job