Community Health Outreach Worker/Enroller
Mission City Community Network
About the organization
Mission City Community Network (MCCN), a nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation, has a 30-year history of providing culturally competent and age-appropriate medical, dental, and mental health services to low-income and medically underserved residents of Southern California. MCCN is renowned and respected for delivering comprehensive healthcare that is of the highest quality in a culturally sensitive and linguistically appropriate manner. MCCN provides healthcare services on an open-access basis to all families and individuals seeking health services. Services are provided regardless of race, group affiliation, age, gender, or the patient’s ability to pay.
• Interview patients, assist with forms, and facilitate authorizations.
• Assess patient eligibility for various programs.
• Provide Covered CA materials, address inquiries, and guide enrollees to educational opportunities.
• Assist enrollees in accessing Covered CA website, explaining health plans based on income.
• Obtain contact info, seek permission for follow-up; may enroll patients at residences.
• Complete and submit mandated program documentation to the Program Director.
• Notify supervisor of the need to pull and file charts, ensuring HIPAA compliance.
• Adhere to Covered CA policies and program protocols.
• Perform duties with minimal supervision, identifying and recommending solutions.
• Demonstrate effective interpersonal and group communication, ethically and culturally appropriate customer service, and patient advocacy.
• Educate patients and communities on pandemic and related health issues.
• Conduct outreach to patients facing healthcare access challenges.
• Train patients in technology use for healthcare communication across platforms.
• Assist patients in enrolling and utilizing patient portals.
• Meet enrollment goals through community outreach efforts.
• Foster relationships and collaborate with schools, parent organizations, community entities, and churches.
• Develop public education materials, presentations, and displays.
• High School Diploma/GED accredited by WASC.
• Bilingual English and Spanish, required
•CovCA - Certified Enrollment Counselor, preferred
• Minimum 1 year experience in outreach or equivalent
•Basic computer skills (approx. 32 w.p.m.), Intermediate computer skills preferred
• Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills and customer relations skills
• Knowledge about health care insurances required (i.e., Covered CA, Family PACT, Unmatched HWLA, CHDP)
• Requires excellent presentation skills and ability to develop clear and effective outreach materials
• Requires the ability to independently organize field activities.
• Must have excellent presentation/public speaking and organizational skills.
•Strong community network a required
• Must be flexible and able to multi-task while working in a collaborative, team environment with a positive attitude
• Willing to travel as deemed necessary
• Valid California Drivers License in good standing with DMV required; current liability insurance
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply