Community Affairs Coordinator
About the organization
Global Kids, Inc. is seeking a dynamic, hard-working, and creative individual to work as Community Affairs Coordinator. The Coordinator will work closely with both Global Kids and school staff in our NYC Community School Program at John Adams High School to develop communication strategies, and materials, and build relationships with community stakeholders, publicize and coordinate events and school achievements. The Coordinator will also work directly with youth to develop media projects that raise awareness about the school as well as local and global issues.
• Develop and co-facilitate interactive, experiential workshops that engage youth in hands on media projects which educate peers and the community on global issues, community concerns, and school progress.
• Coordinate and assist with community-facing events in coordination with the school (including Community School Forums, Family Fun Day, showcases, PTA meetings, etc.)
• Help to promote Global Kids programs and identity within the school in coordination with staff and students.
• Cultivate relationships with local newspapers and media outlets.
• Outreach to community stakeholders including local business, elected officials non-profits, civic groups, and more to support and advance program goals and GK mission.
• Work with school staff to develop a branding and communications/outreach plan for the school.
• Photograph Global Kids and school events for marketing and communications purposes.
• Create and design communication and branding materials for John Adams, include brochures, program journals, and other materials.
• Work with school to design and publish via media channels including school website, social media, and newsletters.
• Serve as program site liaison to GK’s communications manager, providing content for GK’s organization-wide communications and social media.
• Collect, input and review attendance, evaluation and other data related to projects and student progress.
• Maintain necessary documentation, program data entry and records and provide periodic progress reports as necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or relevant field and 5 years of professional experience in communications/marketing, digital media, and web design or a master's degree plus 2 years of relevant professional experience.
• Excellent communication, writing, organizational, and computer skills.
• Experience working with young people, particularly around the use of media and creating media projects.
• Excellent project management and interpersonal skills.
• Familiarity and experience with social media platforms and how to engage users.
• Graphic design, videography, and/or photography skills are a plus.
• Experience working in or with NYC public schools and strong understanding of the NYC Community School Initiative and goals is a plus.
• Knowledge of and passion for global issues, political science, history, education, and social justice and human rights.
• Commitment to and understanding of working in culturally diverse settings and using antiracist pedagogical practices.
• Good facilitation, consensus-building and interpersonal skills.
• Strong work ethic, initiative, creativity, willingness to learn, and ability to manage multiple tasks independently.
• Fluency in other languages a plus (particularly Spanish, Arabic and South Asian languages).
Salary/Benefits: This full-time exempt position has an annual salary of $44,000. GK also offers affordable medical benefits, dental, and life insurance as well as paid holidays, vacation time off, personal days, sick time and possibilities for travel. GK staff also have access to retail discounts through our Professional Employer Organization (PEO).
Contact email: [email protected]
APPLY ASAP, HIRING IMMEDIATLY
To Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please indicate “Community Affairs Coordinator” in the subject line of the email. All resumes submitted will be reviewed by GK senior staff. We are unable to accept any phone, mail, or fax inquiries; please refer to the Global Kids website for further information, www.globalkids.org. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. We are actively seeking candidates of diverse backgrounds.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job