Community Advocacy Manager
Community Water Center
About the organization
The Community Water Center (CWC) is an environmental justice nonprofit that works directly
alongside impacted communities towards the goal of securing universal access to safe and
affordable drinking water in California. We believe access to safe and affordable drinking water
is a basic human right, not a privilege. CWC seeks to build an enduring movement for water
justice that is powered by community activists by serving as a catalyst for community-driven
water solutions through organizing, education, and advocacy.
The Community Solutions Advocacy Manager position is a full-time, exempt employee position that will be primarily responsible for leading CWC’s community outreach, community
education, and community mobilization efforts to support CWC’s local community drinking
water solutions and local and state policy advocacy campaigns.
This position will manage 1-4 staff, who are primarily or all Community Solutions Advocates,
who will work in and with communities in the Southern San Joaquin Valley to help secure access to safe and affordable drinking water through empowering communities to engage in local drinking water projects and local/regional/statewide policy and political campaigns. The
Community Solutions Advocacy Manager will report directly to the Central Valley Program
Director or another position as assigned in the Visalia Office and will work closely with other
CWC staff and organizational partners. All employees at CWC are “at will.”
● Strong passion for and commitment to social and environmental justice.
● Experience working with low-income communities and/or communities of color.
● At least 3 years of community organizing/engagement, union organizing, or political
organizing experience, preferably in low-income communities and/or communities of color.
● Strong track record of winning concrete campaign victories, mobilizing people into
action, and building community leadership.
● Experience with power analysis/power mapping, strategy and campaign development.
● Experience supervising and/or managing staff and working in and managing campaign
● Proficient with basic computer skills including, at minimum: Microsoft Office, Google
Apps, and ability to troubleshoot basic software and computer equipment problems.
● Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
● Fluent in Spanish (oral and written).
● Valid CA driver’s license.
● Bachelor’s or Master’s in public policy, environmental science, education,
communications or any area that is relevant to social justice and movement-building
● Understanding of and fluency in digital organizing tools and software, including online,
mobile, social media, and text platforms.
● Experience using CRM, CMS, and online advocacy tools (NationBuilder strongly
● Knowledge of political landscape in California.
● Experience with or knowledge of water and environmental issues and/or community
Starting at $60K (based on experience and qualifications).
Contact email: [email protected]
To apply, email resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job