Communications & Social Media Coordinator
L.A. Works Volunteer Corps
About the organization
L.A. Works is a 501(c)3 nonprofit, volunteer action center that creates and implements hands-on community service projects throughout the greater Los Angeles area. We strive to empower Angelenos to address pressing social issues through volunteerism and community collaborations.
Please note that this is an AmeriCorps VISTA position at Mujeres de la Tierra through L.A. Works. It is a full-time position up to 40 hours a week with a living stipend.
Volunteer Campaign (ongoing)
● Database: manage wix.com database for supporters, and volunteers.
● Establish systems, create capacity, and supervise volunteers in the following areas:
○ Database management
○ Thank you calls, letters, and appreciation events for donors and volunteers
Communications and Social Media
● Develop social media strategy and protocols for in-house and outreach.
● Create community calendar for events in NELA
● Update and maintain website
● Create and manage a regular calendar of email blasts and quarterly newsletters
● Create a Social Media plan for weekly, monthly and quarterly posts
● Update Volunteer training, recruitment materials for volunteers, including job descriptions & ads
● Create a Volunteer Management Plan
-You must be at least 18 years of age
-Bilingual in Spanish and English highly preferred
$791.70 biweekly, before taxes
Contact email: [email protected]
Please send a Resume and Cover Letter, detailing your interest in Mujeres de la Tierra, to [email protected]
You must also submit an official application via my.americorps.gov.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job