Communications position in EPA's Office of Pesticide Programs
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
About the organization
Protecting human health and the environment since 1970.
The selected applicant will join the talented communications team in EPA's Office of Pesticide Programs and would perform the following functions:
• Develop communications packages that include press releases, web and email newsletter content, desk statements, Q&As, communications strategies, talking points, tweets, and blog posts.
• Respond to external parties by writing press responses, letters, and email.
• Support communications by managing web content, participating in workgroups, conducting marketing and outreach, leading Lean projects, and editing programmatic documents.
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills, knowledge, and abilities:
• Ability to write and edit for the public using plain language.
• Ability to work harmoniously with colleagues to achieve desired outcomes.
• Attention to detail.
• Experience in external communications and outreach.
• Ability to build relationships and networks that improve productivity and effectiveness.
Contact email: [email protected]
To apply, please email your resume and letter stating your non-competitive eligibility for federal employment to [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply