About the organization
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.
The Communications Officer will be part of the USAID Thailand CTIP activity and will manage the team’s effort to increase project profile and knowledge of the target audience on human trafficking in Thailand.
- Work with project staff, Winrock’s Home Office communications staff, SBCC Officer, and partners, create and edit graphics, outreach tools (fact sheets, printing materials, etc.) and draft well-structured, Winrock and USAID-compliant content to publish on project’s communication channels i.e., Facebook, Instagram, and LINE official account
- Assist with formatting and editing project quarterly and annual reports
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of digital content relevant to project goals, highlighting accomplishments, general developments in the field, and other issues of interest to target audiences such as labor rights, related policy, and regulations.
- Link to and develop partnerships with relevant websites.
- Manage online analytics and generate monthly reports that measure overall impact of social media campaigns and enter reach and campaign data in WINTIP (real-time database management for monitoring project performance).
- Draft scopes of work to advertise for partners and consultants to develop communications campaigns, participate in the evaluation and selection process, and oversee work of contractors.
- Guide, and train partners to collect reach and media campaign data and ensure data quality through training, reviewing, providing timely inputs, and ensuring guidance to partners to incorporate the inputs.
- Manage workflow of translators to deliver translated content on deadlines (Burmese, Lao and Khmer.
- At least four years of professional experience in a related field.
- A degree in Communications, Media Design, International Affairs, Social Science, or related field
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills in English and Thai
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms, analytical tools, and applications (LINE official account, Facebook Ads, Facebook publishing tools, Instagram analytics etc.)
- Proven graphic design and editing skills (knowledge of Adobe Creative suite, creative tools)
- Experienced in producing digital content for non-profit organizations
- Experience developing content that is sensitive to the issues of human rights, social inclusion and relevant topics preferred
- Experience with USAID branding is preferable
- Ability to work independently without requiring detailed guidance.
- Strong time management skills, ability to design, implement and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, and operate on tight deadlines
- Ability to experiment and cultivate creative ideas to achieve objectives. Enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar -opportunities.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft, Excel and google platforms a must
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job