Communications Fellowship (6+ months)
Kuli Kuli, Inc.
About the organization
Kuli Kuli is a rapidly growing startup at the intersection of consumer packaged goods (CPG) and social change. We are creating an international market for Moringa oleifera to improve the livelihoods and health of women and small farmers in the developing world. We sell healthy products made with sustainably sourced moringa from family owned and women-run cooperatives all over the world. Our products are carried in thousands of grocery stores and sold online on Amazon.com and kulikulifoods.com. Kuli Kuli’s mission is to create a world where everyone has access to nutritious sources of food, and malnutrition only exists in history books. We’ve been featured on MSNBC, NBC and in Fast Company for our unique products and compelling social mission.
We are looking for a Communications Fellow with a passion for writing and social change to help us grow our company and cause. Through strategic press and influencer outreach, beautifully written op-eds, engagement with our social media audiences, and work with our blog team you will help ensure that a broad audience feels the passion that is at the core of our company. You’ll work closely with our CEO and Marketing Manager to grow the movement and make sure that amazing superfoods like moringa benefit those who need them the most.
· Manage our social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat, LinkedIn)
· PR Support include press outreach, award applications, and speaking engagements
· Support managing our influencer marketing program
· Create and source quality content for our blog, digital channels, and marketing materials
· Help manage our online advertising, including Google, Facebook, and Retargeter ads
· Write and assist with op-eds for Forbes, HuffPost and others
· Assist with sales events, customer marketing programs, and store visits as needed
· Assist with video and design production as needed
· Passion for sustainability, health, entrepreneurship, and global development
· Excellent writing ability
· Either professional experience managing social media on a professional level, or relevant coursework
· Project management and multitasking
· Balancing the needs and buy-in from multiple stakeholders
· Unshakable positivity with eagerness to learn
· Self-starter and problem solver
· Design, photography and/or video production skills preferred, but not required
Please apply through our website or the link provided with your resume and cover letter. We will follow-up with qualified candidates for additional work & writing sample.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job