About the organization
Integrate Health (IH) is a small and rapidly growing global health organization working
to serve poor communities in West Africa and New York. We believe that access to
healthcare is a human right, and we are committed to making this a reality in the
countries in which we work. We have developed a primary healthcare approach that
works, leveraging community health workers and improved care in public sector
clinics to deliver better health outcomes and strengthen national healthcare systems.
Having demonstrated our approach in a catchment area that serves 90,000 people,
we are scaling our model to cover 240,000 people by 2021 and are supporting the
Government of Togo in its efforts to achieve universal health coverage. For more
information on Integrate Health, please visit www.integratehealth.org.
1. Thought Leadership
• Monitor media platforms and track relevant thought leaders in the field, promoting
opportunities to engage on the global scale in the movement towards universal
health coverage and gender equity
• Support the CEO in her mission as the external face of Integrate Health by
researching and preparing talking points and other relevant materials on pertinent
2. Content Generation
• Draft content for diverse IH platforms including but not limited to: press releases,
IH website blog posts, CEO Medium posts, Mailchimp emails, etc.
• Other writing tasks as assigned
3. Speaking Engagement Preparation
• Support the CEO and other senior leadership in preparing for external speaking
engagements through researching the venue/event, relevant topics, etc. and
propose talking points
• Develop slide decks, press releases, talking points, or any other necessary
collateral for the speaking engagement
• Draft scripts for speeches and provide coaching/prep assistance to the speaker
• Coordinate and support needs relating to the engagement, including coordinating
schedules, drafting of reports, etc.
4. Other partnership team responsibilities as assigned
• IH requires employees to utilize a growth mindset in order to be successful in our
fast-paced and constant-growth environment. We expect the Communications
Associate to be open to taking on additional tasks in support of fundraising and
furthering IH’s mission in general.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Ability to synthesize information and re-frame information to particular audiences
• Diplomatic and humble learner with the ability to listen
• Growth mindset and lifelong learner attitude
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and spoken), with
demonstrated ability to earn respect of colleagues and partners from diverse
• Experience in development or communications at a not-for-profit organization
• Must be extremely detailed oriented, organized, and efficient
• Must be committed to social justice and to the fundamental rights of the poor
• Fluent in English and French required
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Some professional work experience required, two years preferred
Contact email: [email protected]
Please submit a resume, cover letter and writing sample to
[email protected] with Communications Associate Application in the subject
line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The application deadline is rolling.
Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job