About the organization
Are you a bilingual (French/English) self-starter with a knack for creative writing? Do you excel at speech
writing, blogging, and storytelling? Do you believe health is a human right? If so, you may be our next
Communications Associate. Integrate Health seeks a capable new team member to play a critical role in
elevating Integrate Health’s profile to help achieve our mission. Reporting to the Chief Partnership
Officer and working collaboratively with senior staff including the CEO, you will have the opportunity to
help craft the story of Integrate Health. Your growth mindset, high level of attention to detail, and clear
writing skills will be essential in enabling Integrate Health to expand access to high-quality healthcare
1. Content Generation
• Consistently manage the editorial calendar as a living document and schedule.
• Ensure consistent messaging across teams to support brand identity.
• Generate content for diverse IH platforms including but not limited to website, blogs, insight articles, op-eds, Annual Report, email newsletters, video production, etc.
• Work closely with the Development and Communications Coordinator and the Togo-based Communications team to contribute to ongoing story banking to ensure personal accounts of our work in Togo are shared widely and systematically.
• Support other content and multi-media production as requested.
2. Thought Leadership
• Monitor media platforms and track relevant thought leaders in the field, promoting opportunities to engage on the global level in the movement towards universal health coverage and gender equity.
• Support senior leadership as the external face of Integrate Health by researching and preparing talking points and other relevant materials on pertinent issues.
• Copywrite and co-write think pieces to advance organization’s mission.
• Collaborate across teams to increase authorship among staff.
3. Speaking Engagement Preparation
• Support the CEO and other staff in preparing for external speaking engagements through researching the venue/event, relevant topics, etc. and propose talking points.
• Develop slide decks, press releases, talking points, or any other necessary collateral for the speaking engagement.
• Fluency in English and French required
• People who can bring new perspectives to the organization (recruiting for culture add rather than culture fit)
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Some communications or nonprofit experience (1-2 years)
• Excellent, demonstrated writing skills
• Excellent, demonstrated oral and written communication skills
• Solid copy editing and content management skills across all platforms
• A deep commitment to anti-racist, anti-sexist, anti-neocolonial ideals
The ideal candidate is a sound communicator, self-directed, and professional. They are a team player who loves to collaborate with a passionate and growing team. The Communications Associate may have varied skills or interests not captured within this job description: we want to cultivate your skills to complement our team of self-starters.
between $40,000 and $55,000
Contact email: [email protected]
Please submit a resume and responses to the three questions below to [email protected] with Communications Associate in the subject line.
1. Why are you interested in this position?
2. What is one reason you think you’d be a good fit for this position?
3. What is one strength you would bring to this position?
Please keep total question responses to a maximum of one page. The application deadline is rolling. Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job