Communications and Development Specialist
About the organization
Jump right into this dynamic team and serve as our Communications and Development Specialist leading the organization’s development initiatives. This position reports to the Executive Director and supports programming and staff in Maine and Haiti.
We are a mission-driven organization actively involved in strengthening the healthcare system for the people of Haiti for more than 20 years. We have a small U.S. staff in Falmouth, Maine and the majority of our staff live and work in Cap-Haitien. Your work in this role will bring you to the beautiful country of Haiti annually. The next member of our team will have the ability to work independently, will exhibit strong project leadership skills, and has a track record of success creating communication strategies; telling stories through written and social media platforms; and leading creative fundraising campaigns. If you are an experienced professional who wants to make a difference, drive innovative ideas, and deliver results.
- Leads the fundraising and communications activities of the organization
- Participates in grant writing activities to pursue funding opportunities
- Pursues business development outreach to donors, foundations, and partners
- Leads and supports the management of the website and donor database
- Develops policies and procedures related to fundraising, communications, and development
- Provides staff support to the fundraising and communications committee and to the board related to job duties
Comms / Social Media
- Develops and publishes content for website, newsletter, social media, and press releases
- Constantly collects and stores media (photos and videos) to utilize for communication purposes
- Constantly engages and communicates with local and national press sources to ensure public relations are well maintained
- Develops summer, end-of-of year, and seasonal newsletters
- Develops brochures, flyers, and publicity materials as needed
- Develops and implements fundraisers from inception to completion, including reporting results. This includes fundraisers such as We Walk with Haiti and other seasonal fundraisers
- Searches for new opportunities for partnerships and develops ideas for new fundraisers
- Develops policies and procedures related to fundraisers
- Maintains, sells, and delivers metal art as fundraiser for the organization
- Engages new donors and partners at fundraisers to develop relationships
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Proven experience of at least 1-2 years in communications, fundraising, or development - preferably for a nonprofit organization, with some global health or international development experience.
• Bachelor’s level degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or a related field.
• Degrees in Public Health, Public Administration, or related field are a bonus.
Contact email: [email protected]
Please send a cover letter (citing your interest in KS and how your experience will benefit the organization) and resume to: [email protected]
While we are willing to train the appropriate candidate for an entry level role, we also encourage those with more experience in the field to apply! This position may be remote but local candidates are preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply