Communications and Development Specialist
About the organization
Konbit Sante (KS) is a small nonprofit org based just outside Portland, Maine and has operated in Cap-Haitien, Haiti for the past 20 years. The organization specializes in foundational healthcare, infrastructure development (particularly regarding solar power), and supply chain capacity.
As a whole, KS strives to empower our partners in Haiti and focuses on building capacity instead of telling people how we think they should be doing things.
Find out more on our website: https://konbitsante.org/
- Leads the fundraising and communications activities of the organization
- Participates in grant writing activities to pursue funding opportunities
- Pursues business development outreach to donors, foundations, and partners
- Leads and supports the management of the website and donor database
- Develops policies and procedures related to fundraising, communications, and development
- Provides staff support to the fundraising and communications committee and to the board related to job duties
Communications and Social Media
- Develops and publishes content for website, newsletter, social media, and press releases
- Constantly collects and stores media (photos and videos) to utilize for communication purposes
- Constantly engages and communicates with local and national press sources to ensure public relations are well maintained
- Develops summer, end-of-of year, and seasonal newsletters
- Develops brochures, flyers, and publicity materials as needed
- Develops and implements fundraisers from inception to completion, including reporting results. This
includes fundraisers such as We Walk with Haiti and other seasonal fundraisers
- Searches for new opportunities for partnerships and develops ideas for new fundraisers
- Develops policies and procedures related to fundraisers
- Maintains, sells, and delivers metal art as fundraiser for the organization
- Engages new donors and partners at fundraisers to develop relationships
Remote work is an option, though residents of Maine or those planning to move to Maine are strongly encouraged to apply. This is primarily a US-based position with opportunities for routine travel to Haiti.
Proven experience of at least 1-2 years in communications, fundraising, or development for a nonprofit
organization, preferably with some global health or international development experience.
Bachelor’s level degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or a related field.
Degrees in Public Health, Public Administration, or related field are a bonus.
Contact email: [email protected]
Please apply with a copy of your resume/CV and a brief cover letter describing your interest in working with Konbit Sante, as well as how your skills will help you be successful in the role. Please submit these attachments to: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job