Commonwealth Corps Service Internship
Massachusetts Service Alliance, Commonwealth Corps Service Internship Program
About the organization
The mission of the Commonwealth Corps service internship program is to engage Massachusetts residents of all ages, backgrounds, and identities in direct service to strengthen communities, address critical needs, and increase volunteerism. Through hands-on experience, Commonwealth Corps members gain professional skills and valuable knowledge while positively impacting diverse communities in our state.
Commonwealth Corps members serve 10.5 months in a full- or half-time position at one of our host site partners in the areas of Economic Opportunity, Education, Health and Nutrition, or Youth Development. Joining Commonwealth Corps means becoming part of a diverse group of people across Massachusetts who share a common desire to discover their passion and build their network in the service to their communities and the Commonwealth.
- Complete a minimum of 1,500 (full-time) or 750 (half-time) hours of service from August 16, 2021 through June 25, 2022.
- Attend all required Commonwealth Corps trainings and service events held by MSA (minimum of 6 total) and your host site, including a new member orientation on August 16 & 17, 2021.
- Participate in a minimum of 1 hour (full-time) or 30 minutes (half-time) of MSA-approved professional development-related activities each week.
- Complete the host-site-specific responsibilities detailed in their individual position description.
- Stipend of $900 (full-time) or $450 (half-time) semi-monthly while in service, up to $18,900 (full-time) or $9,450 (half-time), minus taxes and withholdings;
- Health insurance (full-time members only, no monthly contribution, individual coverage only);
- Member assistance program, including unlimited, confidential, 24/7, phone counseling services and up to three free, in-person counseling sessions, plus a lot more;
- Completion award of up to $3,000 (full-time) or $1,500 (half-time) upon successful completion of service, minus taxes and withholdings (may increase prior to the start of the service term);
- Training and other professional development opportunities, including training stipend up to $100;
- The opportunity for at least 10 (full-time) or 5 (half-time) days of planned absences (may include holidays);
- Any other benefits specified by the host site.
- A Massachusetts Resident (see guidelines on our website) with legal authorization to work in the United States
- 18 years of age or older, however we typically have members ranging from 18 – 70+ years old
- Excited to give back to your community and help others
- Interested in developing your skills and gaining new professional experience and knowledge
- Able to balance service internship commitments with personal commitments in a sustainable way
- Able to meet host site-specific qualifications detailed in their individual position description
Living stipend plus completion award and other benefits
Contact email: [email protected]
The Massachusetts Service Alliance oversees the program and supports the host site partner agencies and members, while each host site partner manages its own member recruitment and selection. Specific postings for each position/host site are available on our website. Please reach out with any questions: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job