SOS Children's Villages Illinois
About the organization
At SOS Children’s Villages Illinois, we are committed to providing safe, stable, loving homes for children in the foster care system with a focus on keeping siblings together. We do this by keeping brothers and sisters together in an individual home in the care of a full-time, Professional Foster Parent. In doing so, we lay the foundation for rebuilding trust, confidence, and hope for each child in our care.
For over 25 years, SOS Children’s Villages Illinois has provided the highest quality of care for Illinois’ most vulnerable children and families. We are the first self-funded SOS organization in the United States. Since our beginning, we have carried on the successful track record of SOS-Kinderdorf International in transforming children with a broken childhood into caring, productive, self-reliant adults. In addition, we have pioneered a number of successful programs such as providing SOS Children continued support as they enter young adulthood.
The Clinical Supervisor at SOS Children’s Villages Illinois is responsible for supervision, oversight, and direction of the Clinical Therapy team at all SOS Illinois Villages and the In Home Family Services provided through our CASA Tepeyac site, in a manner that effectively utilizes these resources and meets all contractual requirements, as well as the needs of program clients. The Clinical Supervisor oversees and coordinates an array of treatment modalities provided to assigned clients, including the provision of individual, group, and family therapy.
The Clinical Supervisor provides supervision, leadership and direction to assigned clinicians; clinical services, in-home family services, to ensure appropriate therapy and behavioral health services are provided to assigned clients in assigned programs. They are expected to coordinate with appropriate 3rd party providers; provide training on clinical issues as needed to other employees; and conduct clinical supervision and leadership organization-wide.
1. A Master’s of Social Work from an accredited program, or relevant Master’s Degree, and a minimum of three years’ experience in clinical practices. Supervisory experience preferred.
2. An LCSW or LCPC.
3. Certified in administration of IM-CANS, or the ability to obtain certification within 90 days of hire.
4. Valid Illinois driver’s license with an acceptable driving record and insured and reliable transportation.
5. Ability to pass the required DCFS criminal background check, including child abuse and sexual offender registry.
6. Ability to work with DCFS, courts, and other social service systems.
7. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
8. Strong organization and coordination skills.
9. Sensitivity to the cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of clients and staff.
10. Ability to relate to the clients and staff and to the public in a courteous and professional manner.
11. Reliable, punctual, and able to manage multiple tasks.
12. Ability to work in a tobacco and alcohol, and drug-free environment.
13. Ability to exercise discretion and judgement.
14. Ability to handle sensitive and confidential materials.
15. Must meet minimum standards for mental health professional as defined by state regulations.
$60,000 Annually Onwards
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job