Client Services Specialist
New Hope Housing
About the organization
Founded in 1977, New Hope Housing is an innovative, award winning non
profit agency in Northern Virginia committed to finding creative and lasting solutions to end the cycle of homelessness by offering homeless men, women and children the services they nee
d to change their lives and succeed. And each of those success stories adds to a stronger, healthier community for all.
New Hope Housing has a variety of housing solutions from homeless shelters to apartments to fit each client’s unique needs. We also provide tools that change lives through case management services and renowned education such as “out of poverty” training.
Join us in our mission to” provide homeless families and individuals shelter and the tools to build a better life”.
The Specialist reports for duty in a shelter or supported living home and works to ensure clients have an excellent stay. This is a great learning position for someone who is interested in pursuing a career in social services or an experienced professional looking to keep their skill set sharp.
• Assist clients with everyday skills such as laundry, keeping medical appointments, etc.
• Completes forms and writes notes about clients’ stay with New Hope Housing.
• As a member of the services team, partner with client’s case manager to achieve client goals.
Locations: Arlington, VA (Susan’s Place); Falls Church, VA; Ft. Belvoir (Eleanor U. Kennedy Shelter)
• Strong Spanish verbal ability.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Some experience working with the homeless and/or people diagnosed with behavioral health and substance abuse disorders.
• Customer service oriented.
• Willingness to undergo background check.
• Current Driver’s license and good driving record.
Contact email: [email protected]
Please send resume to [email protected] with the title of the position applying for
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply